Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Those can be fun to get apart sometimes. I've see the cast iron shatter on occasion with these captured drums.
Yeah, I was a little concerned. One of the drums already had a small chunk missing from where it had struck something. I hosed them down with PB Blaster and let them sit for a while before applying the ugga-duggahs.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Well, I finally received the 2nd box of parts for the rear 14 Bolt Disc Brake Kit.
IMG_2262.jpeg

Hoping to get the brackets & hubs back from getting Powdercoating next week.
I need to make a decision on a limited slip. Part of me is sayin "wait, just get it on the road" theater part is sayin "do it now while its easy to get to".

In the meantime, I have sourced a shop down in Bend, Or that is going to build my NV4500. Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I am still waiting on parts to come back from powder coating.

In the meantime, I found a good deal on a set of factory steel wheels and tires with the 8x6.5 bolt pattern that is needed for the new axles. The wheels are 17" which is perfect for the 37's that will be installed.
tempImageYfMsZN.jpg
Plan to have the tires removed and the wheels blasted. I will then sell the tires, and spray paint the wheels. I should be able to get my $200 back from the rubber sale.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I am a fan of classic looking steel wheels. I really wish I could keep the International wheels but they just won't work.
So the tires on the Travelall are 33x12.50r15's. Now imagine with me.....37's! Ooooh....Ahhhh!
IMG_2274.jpeg
Will need to order spacers...Thinking 3/4" should do it. Don't want to be too wide. I like the tucked look better.
tempImage9yrCXG.jpg
This is the current width...
IMG_2275.jpeg
The current 12.50s' stick out this far...not great on a decent paint job! Or for the dog that likes to hang his head out the window as your sailing down those gravel roads!
IMG_2280.jpeg
This is the width of the replacement axle and wheels before spacers and 37x12.50s
IMG_2278.jpeg
Getting Close
IMG_2282.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Can't wait to see this thing in person out on the trails! What are your plans for the interior? Full build with sleeping platform and storages or keep it simple?

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Can't wait to see this thing in person out on the trails! What are your plans for the interior? Full build with sleeping platform and storages or keep it simple?
Would like to do a full build out.
I am also doing research on a pop up roof. There are some old classics that had factory pop tops. It would have to look factory.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Subscribed!
I will have to keep an Eye and keep watching this thread! I know where a 70’ 4x4 Travelall, body and front axle only, front end complete, no motor/ trans/ transfer case, or rear end. And title! Who am I kidding? I better just watch your project!Vance.

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Subscribed!
I will have to keep an Eye and keep watching this thread! I know where a 70’ 4x4 Travelall, body and front axle only, front end complete, no motor/ trans/ transfer case, or rear end. And title! Who am I kidding? I better just watch your project!Vance.
If the sheet metal is good then get it. Chevy axles and power train and boom, done. I was over in Manson today for work and brought this back on my way home from Mansfield.20221025_130831.jpg

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Even with 20 acres everyone would not like seeing another project on my place! but, you were right in my back yard! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I am also doing research on a pop up roof. There are some old classics that had factory pop tops. It would have to look factory.
Think what you have going on with this build will be a fun project! Just so you know, those International V8s, have a higher Nickel content in the blocks, making a long lasting and worth while opinion of rebuilding the stock motor? I was impressed with my 345 and what it would do! Vance.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Think what you have going on with this build will be a fun project! Just so you know, those International V8s, have a higher Nickel content in the blocks, making a long lasting and worth while opinion of rebuilding the stock motor? I was impressed with my 345 and what it would do! Vance.
I agree. The international motors are very durable. The 304 that is gunna get pulled is in great shape. I will probably hang on to it and look for a another IH that needs a heart to put it in.
Just wasn’t right for this build. I plan to put some serious miles on this one and wanted to be able to walk into any Napa and get parts.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Got a set of 1/2" spacers for the front wheels. No more rub but the wheel studs are short now. Not gunna worry about it right now. Once the axles are under the rig and the 37's are mounted I will either get different wheels (different offset), or different spacers.
IMG_2304.jpeg