Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Ooooo good choice on that color! It's gonna be a trip to see it all prettied up in a fresh coat :openmouth:

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

A49DF679-F2D4-4EDB-B3F8-010F72B044D8.jpeg 497D0411-4537-4579-84E9-7F0D7606411C.jpeg Well ran out of time to make the UP trip. But still progressing. The bottom of the cab is finally done and it is back on the frame for the last time.
Two layers of lizard skin sound control and two layers of lizard skin ceramic insulation, followed by two coats of dark army green urethane.
Now on to the outer body work and waiting for a second order of lizard skin to show up so I can coat the insides and begin fitting the electrical.

Last edited:

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Must be a satisfying feeling to have it mounted on the frame for the final time!

Good idea on the additional layers. I've never dealt with an engine so near/into the cabin so I can imagine how insulation would quickly move up on a list of priorities!

I feel ya on missing the UP trip. I took a couple days break a month back to sit down & crunch the numbers on what still needed doing & how long it would realistically take to do so before a few events. Figured I could either rush a bunch of critical parts of the build & potentially "pay for it" later down the road... OR just be patient & do the work the best I can (like you're doing) so it'll all last. Keep up the great work man!

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
This is amazing! I want to snag an FC-150/170 after my current project. A nice red and white one actually appeared at a house near me in Waterford. I can't wait to see how your build turns out!

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

View attachment 82379 View attachment 82374 View attachment 82375 View attachment 82376 View attachment 82377 Project is still moving forward.
-smoothing out some welds.
-beginning on the bumper (it will have multiple angles at the ends to follow the body shape better)
-the always fun electrical.
-then finally sand down the outside and spray the thing finally.
Sir ... Have to say what an AWESOME BUILD!! I followed it today from the very beginning. So excited to see the final product. Once again amazing write-up thank you!

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Rusty burbin got it exactly right "Awesomeness":sunglasses:
It was going to be a flat bed any way due to the original being way past saving. So why not make it a much more usable dump bed. Plus how many truck loads of wood do you have to unload by hand before you say I wish could push a button and dump the wood in seconds.