1958 FC-170

• HTML tutorial

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

painted and final assemble the cooling "assembly"

The sweet JB Fab triple stick cable shifters showed up and give me a ton of gear choices. Where to mount them in the cab is yet to be decided. I also scored and never use old school fairbanks gated cable shifter for the th350 trans.

I grabbed up another warn M8000 and mid mounted it so i comes up through the front of the bed. Just some 1/2 plate a few drilled holes and then weld and paint and set it in the dump assembly lower frame.

Last edited:

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

took a break and tossed a couple windows in the shop for daylight and excellent air flow.

Then set in a furnace since winter was coming.

The 140 ft trench from the house to the barn for the gas and upgraded electrical ment alot of shovel time but well worth it. Natural gas and 100 amps :)
Thank to my brother for coming over from detroit to help lay the line and pipe in the trench.

Last edited:

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

a few missed things that happened along the way.

Dual hydraulic 1/4 wall tube reservoirs with pump and valve body mounted to the end of the drivers side one.

On the lighting side. There are 4 small led cube light mounted to the bottom of the dump bed and the rest has their planned locations . The large black ones mount inside the cab and shine back out over the bed. The smaller ones two are flood and two are spot "ish" beam and all are going in the front bumper. The small eyeball leds are interior lights. Built in circuit breaker switch panel and relays to help energize it all.

Oh an in interest of "weight savings " I have a set of 5 16x10 aluminum rims to replace the mock of 16.5x9's that and 16.5;s are hard to find so i am going with 305/70r16 master craft CXT tires. basically a 33x12.5r16 load e's.

If you need flexible radiator hoses or silicon intake stuff the best place i have found is siliconintakes.com I go my flexible stainless hoses, clamps and couplers from them and the prices are lower than even summit and excellent quality.

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

a few missed things that happened along the way.

Dual hydraulic reservoirs with pump and valve body mounted to the end of the drivers side one.

On the lighting side. There are 4 small led cube light mounted to the bottom of the dump bed and the rest has their planned locations . The large black ones mount inside the cab and shine back out over the bed. The smaller ones two are flood and two are spot "ish" beam and all are going in the front bumper. The small eyeball leds are interior lights. Built in circuit breaker switch panel and relays to help energize it all.

What brand panel and switches?..also the black lights....very cool

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I need to get pictures but the 31.5" 1310/1420 rear 3" 0.083 shaft and the front 33.25" 1310/1310 2" 0.120 wall shafts i got from Tatton drive line in in utah best place and curtis (the owner) is extremely helpful when you call up and make sure you get what you need.
( https://www.tattonsdrivelines.com/ )

The shafts are full length spline 7" slip and superb. I got both made and shipped for what tom woods wanted for one. :)

Last edited:

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
This is a cool project you got going there. I have always liked those types of trucks from the 40's and 50's.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Heavy maybe but I'd venture a guess it's durable! The way you've built it so far looks like adding things onto it later will be a breeze, unlike a flimsy sheet metal pickup bed. You going with a couple of roll-bar style hoops on the upper rails to mount your tent etc? Maybe throw some canvas over the sides with windows like a Pinzgauer :tongueout: