• HTML tutorial

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

folks, another quick one.

on our last trip through norway we found out, that our two-burner stove was a bit too much for just the two of us. on the other hand, the typical china or trucker one-burner stove sold with the plastic case is absolutely unsuitable, as it neither allows simmering, nor has it wind protection.

so I came up with the idea of putting a high-output expedition stove with large fire-ring (primus gravity III) into a self-designed aluminum case. so here it is.

the parts:
fullsizeoutput_1780.jpeg

finished (almost, you know how things go):
fullsizeoutput_1781.jpeg

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

thank you. I ordered it from a metalworking company via ebay. it's 2mm aluminum (wind protection is too) and corners are welded. pretty sturdy. it's even thick enough to drive threads into the bottom for attaching the burner with M5 bolts.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

You must be a sheet metal worker if you aren’t you should be that looks amazing good job

Christian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Duesseldorf, Germany
Member #

You must be a sheet metal worker if you aren’t you should be that looks amazing good job
actually I'm not LOL :D

but I learned car mechanic as a job ages ago, learned welding too (though not aluminum). hence why I love working with real stuff from time to time.

I know (at least I read) that there is a partner steel 1 burner stove around. but it is so hard to get them over the pond, and then all the hassle with regulators and adapters, bla bla bla. and lastly the costs. that's why I made this, all in all just some EUR170 :-)

Reactions: Road