05 Burb

• HTML tutorial

Mommymissle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Vancouer,WA
Member #

I've changed up a few things, took off my roof rack because I never used it and it just made gas mileage worse. You can stuff a lot of gear into a burb so it was really just for looks. I do miss having the lights up there though.

Edit - just noticed you were responding to Jelorian haha

Do you have a build thread here?
I dont have a build thread yet. Thinking of starting one, although I have already done so much I need to go back and look for all my pictures.

Reactions: David S

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I dont have a build thread yet. Thinking of starting one, although I have already done so much I need to go back and look for all my pictures.
Yep my 'build' is pretty weak considering so may steps are left out. I could fill 2 pages with just suspension progression/mods from stock to leveled to coilovers. Haven't even mentioned any performance mods/how many tires I've been through, what worked and what didn't so far.

I have some pretty lofty goals down the road for this truck (SAS with super duty axle/1 ton rear, t case swap, Lq4 and 4l80 combo, 35s or 37s with 4.88s). I'm likely never getting rid of this truck so it will be done very slowly.

Reactions: David S

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

You were the inspiration for my build. I saw your build on another forum and sort of based mine on yours! Nice to see you back on a forum
Totally flattered but my rig is just stuff bolted to it. Hahah. Hope to stay more active. You must have seen my build thread on expo. I need to get the pictures sorted since the photobucket.com fiasco.

Dylan42

Rank 0

Traveler I

PNW
Definitely subscribing to this thread. I have a similar white burb. I love this thing, mine is a 3/4 ton and I am interested in your coilovers up front. I too have the cognito UCAs. Mine is also a work in progress.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Is your suburban a Transformer? I have never seen anything change smooch as you just did in 3 pages. Every time that I wanted to comment on something you did I just scrolled down a couple of inches on the page and you changed it. lol.
In the most current state that your Burb is in I really like it. The fender flares would look good body colored if you choose to put them back on. Unless you plan on doing serious off roading and also have an 8ft garage door opening, the sas swap isn't worth the money. Many people wheel very hard with the ifs front and if locked it will perform as well as a sas. You don't look the rock crawler type, so put that money elsewhere. Gearing will be the best swap that you can do, it will perform better off road and on the highway. 4.56 & 4.88 will work great for 35's in Florida and installing a locker in the rear will greatly improve your travels into the wilderness. Installing a part time locker or LSD will help you go even further without compromising the driving aspect of your day to day commutes. Better breathing for the engine (in and out) will help and still leave it reliable. Don't forget the trans kit to beef up that part of the drivetrain.

blitz

Rank 0

Traveler I

MN
I like the build so far! Using the stock bumper with the hoops on it looks great! You could add some gussets on the back side of the bar for extra strength. How much room do you have inside for sleeping?