First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
10190 said:
Wow…..as a sign of interpersonal respect I usually quote directly those who comment and reply back, but I didnt expect this many responses lol….. thank you everyone for the comments.  
Awesome @shane_oneil ! I'm really glad you got the emblem and have been enjoying your posts and pictures. The latest round is epic! I'm also looking forward to what @msoverlandbound has in mind for our rig organization!

More soon!

M

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

Thanks again for the emblems Michael.  Figured I'd post this picture too :grinning:

And I got the light bar connected and working and its ridiculously bright.  I love it.

Rock sliders and Rigid Dually D2's are in the mail.  More pics to follow.

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

10387 said:
Drift wrote:
Nice rig! I own a FJ Cruiser. I almost purchased a Xterra. You are making think about getting a second rig. lol Is yours supercharged? My buddy has one and she said she bought it that way. I’m going to have to show her this thread to inspire her a bit more to keep it and not trade it in for a jeep. lol
Drift, some of the second generation X’s come with OE superchargers I believe. The average going rate for first gen X’s is around $4k-$6k. If feasible, a second vehicle for a relatively good price might be a fun additional toy to have
I like the FJs too. I was looking to buy one when I was hunting for my XTerra but the ones around here were way out of my price range lol. They are badass tonka trucks though!
Damn!!!! I just looked at the prices of XTerras. Its half the price of the FJ. It would be a great car for the lady during winter maybe even become my wheeling partner.

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

If you get a the 4WD (which is an obligation lol) and some good AT's, winter wont stand a chance.  I first tested my X during two considerable snow storms in February this year and I could not lose grip with 4WD kicked in.  Even in 2WD, I had to deliberately push the truck hard to lose grip.  They sit at around 5200lbs and have a great wheel-base, so even by design the trucks are ready to hold placement.

Trail-riding is fun with them too.  Theres a couple of modifications required to make it easier to traverse intermediate trails, but the stock suspension is good enough.

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

Made some more improvements.

Mounted MOLLE panels in some spots to free up space and make some pouches more accessible.

Here's my assortment of on-board equipment for securing and recovery.

GoPro case and other useful stuff.

And reorganized (again) the MOLLE seat covers.

Also installed a Roto-pax mount for my second FAK on the hood. The FAK will only be placed there during off-road/trail-riding. I gave the mount some extra washers to space it higher above the hood for heat ventilation. The FAK is stocked exactly like the OE FAK inside the truck mounted on the liftgate.

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Love the MOLLE panels. We need to get you an Overland Bound patch for that behind the seat org system. :blush:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Corrie wrote: "We need to get you an Overland Bound patch for that"

We have patches?!?!?!?!?!?

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

@steve I think I've said too much.... :wink:

We've got some irons in the fire to get even more cool stuff to OB Founders. More soon!

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

Thank you, sir.

Its difficult for me to do actual overlanding here...but I'll gladly take as close as I can get :grinning:

More pics to follow...this summer is going to be full of good memories out in the bush.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

This might be the sickest Xterra ever. The rear tire carrier is freakin gold. Xterra's should have come with rear mounted spares from the factory. Love it!

Reactions: Shane_ONeil