'04 Jeep WJ

• HTML tutorial

KerrClan74

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portage, MI
Member #

So what are your lessons learned? I am in the beginning phases of building a WJ. Starting with low oil pressure so I am searching for best affordable options on 4.7l engines. Then 4" lift. I picked up some brand new Rubicon wheels and tires a couple of days ago. I will be interested in front and rear bumpers after that. You mentioned weight on your new taco. Did you see issues with weight on the WJ?

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

So what are your lessons learned? I am in the beginning phases of building a WJ. Starting with low oil pressure so I am searching for best affordable options on 4.7l engines. Then 4" lift. I picked up some brand new Rubicon wheels and tires a couple of days ago. I will be interested in front and rear bumpers after that. You mentioned weight on your new taco. Did you see issues with weight on the WJ?
main lessons learned.. we made the jeep too heavy... with front and rear bumpers . it did fine in most situations but was just really heavy. it was a nice vehicle, if I could have done it over again would of started with lower miles, also would of rather found a overland so it had the limited slip front and rear from the get go. but this is how you learn is by trail and error.