Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Here’s the product I used on the hood. I think about six coats, each one in a different direction from the prior. Holding up really well so far. I used two different products on my brushed aluminum wheels. Also, doing well, but haven’t seen much trail time yet- can’t wait!
How many cans did you need for the hood?

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

How many cans did you need for the hood?
It’s been quite awhile, I’m guessing I used two and have some of the third left over. Once the spray started becoming gloppy (even after cleaning nozzle) Id move to a fresh can. It had a stripped look to it for awhile in certain light, but looks great now. Really ties in well with bumper. Good luck!

Reactions: Sparksalot

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Thank for sharing the camp kitchen/chuck box set up. I like how that turned out. I have a large Pelican box, but I would like a deeper one.
Your set up and truck really look great and give me a few ideas for mine.

Reactions: RAMXPLR

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

Thank for sharing the camp kitchen/chuck box set up. I like how that turned out. I have a large Pelican box, but I would like a deeper one.
Your set up and truck really look great and give me a few ideas for mine.
Thanks. I appreciate the comments. Let me know if I can answer any questions as you start your project. I pretty much learned as I went along and customized to my needs. Good luck!

BigDogYJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
Jamison
Last Name
Donato
Nice bumper! I have the same setup but without the bull bar on top. Definitely a stout setup. Nice truck.

BigDogYJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
Jamison
Last Name
Donato
Nice bumper! I have the same setup but without the bull bar on top. Definitely a stout setup. Nice truck.
Thanks. Let’s see a pic of your setup.
First pic was before I got the winch installed. Gotta get an updated pic with it finished but there’s a pic of my m12 winch stuffed in there. I think they claim it will fit up to a 15k.

Attachments

BigDogYJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
Jamison
Last Name
Donato
First pic was before I got the winch installed. Gotta get an updated pic with it finished but there’s a pic of my m12 winch stuffed in there. I think they claim it will fit up to a 15k.
Really clean. I think those bumpers look great!
Nice truck!
Thanks! Agreed. Of the limited aftermarket bumper options for these rigs, TrailReady is the cleanest and doesn’t hang down lower than stock. Too many are just massive in a not so good way. I opted to match the rear also. Haven’t figured out lights yet but I’ll get to it eventually

Attachments