Tulare, California, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Army
I want to be inspired, but I just can't. The thought of quitting a good paying job and losing a retirement to live out of a roof top tent and an ice chest, just doesn't make sense. How do you pay for gas, food, repairs, etc. How can you not want a hot shower and sleeping in your bed at night. I'm sure roof top tenting is fun for a week or so, but any more time than that, and it will be uncomfortable. I'm sure they have their reasons and good for them, but for me, I'll pass on the idea. Home Sweet Home is where it's at for me.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: EatSleepTacos

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Recently I met the full time adventurers and off-roading gurus Yeti and the Wild Yolo. I am sure some of you are familiar with them. Here is a short video we created for them. It's called My Adventure Story, check it out.
Nice video!

Those two are rockstars in adventure land!

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I Actually did this for a few years several years ago after my wife passed. It helped me heal among other things. Off grid, freedom, teaches you to be very resourceful. I traveled all over the western US, Mexico and Canada. My rig at the time was a built S-10 Blazer. I did work though, as a kayaking and backpacking guide (which I still do part time) I would travel around...live out of my rig...offer my guide services...even spent a summer in Australia living in a tent and working as a kayak guide for 3 months, couldn't afford to take my rig though.

Reactions: DangerBear028

Wayward Overland

Rank III
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Tampa, FL
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Redding
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4LXY
I Actually did this for a few years several years ago after my wife passed. It helped me heal among other things. Off grid, freedom, teaches you to be very resourceful. I traveled all over the western US, Mexico and Canada. My rig at the time was a built S-10 Blazer. I did work though, as a kayaking and backpacking guide (which I still do part time) I would travel around...live out of my rig...offer my guide services...even spent a summer in Australia living in a tent and working as a kayak guide for 3 months, couldn't afford to take my rig though.
That is a heartbreaking and beautiful story. I don’t want to think about it, but I would probably be in the same boat. It’s amazing what some time and nature can heal.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Laughing Otter