Rank II

Contributor III

Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia, United States
First Name
Lori
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Hello new friends, I just relocated to Morgantown, WV from Eagle River, AK. Yes…I know… why? An incredible work opportunity. However, I kept my house in Eagle River and am going back often to boondock, Bear watch, fish, and hunt. If anyone knows of some good “off road” places to camp near Morgantown, please share.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello new friends, I just relocated to Morgantown, WV from Eagle River, AK. Yes…I know… why? An incredible work opportunity. However, I kept my house in Eagle River and am going back often to boondock, Bear watch, fish, and hunt. If anyone knows of some good “off road” places to camp near Morgantown, please share.
Welcome To Overland Bound Lori
There is a link below to the map, you can find members local to you in the Virginias and message them.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Lori_In_Alaska

Rank II

Contributor III

Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia, United States
First Name
Lori
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Lori
There is a link below to the map, you can find members local to you in the Virginias and message them.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you this is very helpful!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Unfortunately you're on the East coast now and your options will be a bit more limited, but you'll still have options. Not too far from you in MD is Wolf Den Run State Park. Good off road park with some primitive camping. A little further in to MD is Green Ridge State Forest with some primitive camping, but the trails aren't very challenging (a couple of water crossings). You can drive to George Washington NF in Virginia. Better trails and lots of primitive camping. The MD and VA State Parks are very nice and well kept. Rocky Gap State Park in MD is a favorite of mine. PA has a NF and camping, but I'm only growing in my familiarity with that area. I believe the Monongahela NF in WV has a lot of trails and camping too, but I have not explored that area. The George Washington NF also extends in to WV, but I have not explored those parts either. ....gosh! I've got a lot more exploring to do... :)

Welcome! Hope to see you on the trail.

Reactions: Lori_In_Alaska

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the overland bound commnity. Glad to have you join us.