Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Saw this in our industry publication this week. Yakima’s expanding their portfolio with the acquisition of Road Shower. Last year, we saw Thule acquire Tepui.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Lower cost for them does not nessicarilly mean lower cost for the consumer. Especially with a captive market.
Definitely true in some cases. I did get speak to our Yakima rep and he anticipated a potential price drop, but we'll see.

Reactions: JCWages

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Better be significant. This is the route I went with: About 80% cheaper. Easy do it yourself kit. I went with 5"x60" which gives me 4 gallons.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Better be significant. This is the route I went with: About 80% cheaper. Easy do it yourself kit. I went with 5"x60" which gives me 4 gallons.

Awesome! You've got skills and tools! I had/have neither. :)

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

That is a great write-up!

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

Costco has their WaterPORT package at $40 off right now, if anyone is interested.
(I don't own one, I have a RoadShower. But the WaterPORT seems a good deal.)

Reactions: sabjku

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

i thought rhino sucked. my rhino kayak carriers are garbage with way undersized mounting bolts and knurled inserts in the plastic that just spin and no way to loosen or tighten...just sits and spins. had to drill them all out and replaced with 5/16" stainless bolts and lock nuts instead of plastic knobs. was thinking about going with yakima roof basket to go on my camper shell...hopefully a simple basket won't be a problem, but who knows....sure i'll have to modify it as well
I had a Yakima Mega Warrior for many years. It was a great basket. My only issue with anything Yakima is they don't coat things well, so keep an eye out for surface rust. Nothing a little sanding and rattle can won't take care of.

Reactions: sabjku and grubworm

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Costco has their WaterPORT package at $40 off right now, if anyone is interested.
(I don't own one, I have a RoadShower. But the WaterPORT seems a good deal.)
I was looking at those recently. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: 100RNR

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I just checked and they increased the prices by $40-60 depending on the model. The shower heads and faucets also increased by around $10. Fucking hell...
I figured as much. Lower production costs (maybe?) don't always lead to lower sales price.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Im sure they have time to do that and it would happen since thier crossbars mount to all thier stuff