Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Not X-Bull or Max Trax...................saw these on Amazon. Anybody heard of them or know anything about them? Look at the replaceable studs, the very similar board design to the gen 4 Max Trax. A complete cheaper knock-off of the new SUPER DUPER $450+ Australian Board, even down to the tear-drop mounting pin holes.

Offroading Gear MaxGrip Tire Traction Pads with Leash and Carrying Bag (2 Recovery Boards) - for Snow/Mud/Ice/Sand $79.99 1568944753060.png 1568944796346.png

1568944896347.png1568945797862.png

Might be a option for those who have a lite-weight vehicle, but no way for mid size or full size rigs. That 3 ton limit is just not going to cut it. I would think that in the end, the material construction will make or break their place in the market. Right now the gen 2.,,,..gen 3.....10 ton boards are just adequate for most who use them more than casually.

Last edited:

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Not X-Bull or Max Trax...................saw these on Amazon. Anybody heard of them or know anything about them? Look at the replaceable studs, the very similar board design to the gen 4 Max Trax. A complete cheaper knock-off of the new SUPER DUPER $450+ Australian Board, even down to the tear-drop mounting pin holes.

Offroading Gear MaxGrip Tire Traction Pads with Leash and Carrying Bag (2 Recovery Boards) - for Snow/Mud/Ice/Sand

These could be promising. They're made of polypropelene, which the MAXSA tracks are (and I believe they have a good reputation). Polypropelene is what most car plastics - especially bumper protectors on every modern vehicle out there - are made of. They are flexible, have good rebound (little chance of plastic deformation), and decent strength. The replaceable studs are interesting. I wonder, if they supply you with extras, or give you the option to purchase them, have they designed the product with the assumption that it won't fail like cheaper alternative could, and thus, there's a need for replacing wear surfaces?

Also, not sure if these are the legit thing... but it seems you can get MaxTrax for relatively cheap on ebay. The shipping price is a tad crazy, but I've had luck taking that down a notch when buying Australian Subaru parts (large, plastic wheel well protectors and fender flares), so its worth inquiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainGoat

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
These could be promising. They're made of polypropelene, which the MAXSA tracks are (and I believe they have a good reputation). Polypropelene is what most car plastics - especially bumper protectors on every modern vehicle out there - are made of. They are flexible, have good rebound (little chance of plastic deformation), and decent strength. The replaceable studs are interesting. I wonder, if they supply you with extras, or give you the option to purpose them, have they designed the product with the assumption that it won't fail like cheaper alternative could, and thus, there's a need for replacing wear surfaces?

Also, not sure if these are the legit thing... but it seems you can get MaxTrax for relatively cheap on ebay. The shipping price is a tad crazy, but I've had luck taking that down a notch when buying Australian Subaru parts (large, plastic wheel well protectors and fender flares), so its worth inquiring.
"The replaceable studs are interesting. I wonder, if they supply you with extras, or give you the option to purpose them"

That would go a long way towards making them popular. Not knowing how durable the teeth are, customers would want that option. I'm speculating that the Max Trax replacement teeth might work with them also, as i have seen videos of applying them to the X-Bull design with relatively little work. They also look 'low profile'...aka.....low height, so stacking might not be higher than the famed leading brand.

I'm hoping for some input from other members who have knowledge of these. Did not the Maxsa design have durability issues before its redesign from a 5 ton rating to a 10 ton rating? The question of flex and it's rebound qualities are one of the Max Trax's redeeming and prominent features. I'm sure the mounting hole design and placement was spaced to take advantage of mounting bracket kits on the open market. After-all, the X-Bull's follow the TRED mounting bracket spacing design.

This would make designing and marketing a propietary mount unnecessary, by using what was already available now. It would also make customers happy, in that the multiple designs out there, would give them plenty off existing options for their particular vehicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainGoat and Baipin

bootjacker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bootjack, CA, USA
First Name
Stanley
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

I'm interested in the X Bull Gen 3, Can anyone describe how well they stack, ref to the height one compared to the height of two stacked. Thanks for replies