Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hi guys. Just wondering if we have any members in Wyoming. I'd love to find or start up a group to do some trips with.
Hi Mathew, I was born in Laramie, and still have some family there. My Great-grandparents are buried in the city cemetery. I now live in Boise, Idaho. Last time I was in town was the summer of 2001.
David

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
Hi Mathew, I was born in Laramie, and still have some family there. My Great-grandparents are buried in the city cemetery. I now live in Boise, Idaho. Last time I was in town was the summer of 2001.
David
Laramie is a pretty cool place for a college town. I just stay out of it on game day and during Jubilee days.

Wyowilly

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Casper, Wyoming, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hotard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Quite a bit, depends on what you like. Pretty decent "Overland" route across the back side of Casper Mountain, through the Medicine Bow NF. You can come out in Glenrock, Douglas or head south toward Laramie, never touch a paved road. Another route takes you north along the top of the Bighorns to Hwy 16, west of Buffalo. are you a LR shooter?

Reactions: WyOverland

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
Quite a bit, depends on what you like. Pretty decent "Overland" route across the back side of Casper Mountain, through the Medicine Bow NF. You can come out in Glenrock, Douglas or head south toward Laramie, never touch a paved road. Another route takes you north along the top of the Bighorns to Hwy 16, west of Buffalo. are you a LR shooter?
Nice! We should do a meetup on one of those routes sometime. And yes I do enjoy the LR game despite being a bit rusty. Haven't had time to get behind a rifle in a while.

Wyowilly

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Casper, Wyoming, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hotard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
The Medicine Bow Route is pretty cool. Ran it a couple of times last summer. I am a little rusty to

Wyowilly

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Casper, Wyoming, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hotard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
I can sit down and create KML files for those and send them to you. You can import those into Google Earth or Gaia

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
Why don't we try to put something together middle of next month? By then the spring thaw should be well underway and we'll have better access to the trails and roads.