Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Great idea! The sooner you can get it in the schedule the better turnout you'll likely have. Let me know if I can help.

What area did you have in mind?

Reactions: Frito

Frito

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Frito
Last Name
Laies
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7PRE
Service Branch
Navy
Great idea! The sooner you can get it in the schedule the better turnout you'll likely have. Let me know if I can help.

Was thinking somewhere in Wyoming, not sure where though. Maybe centralish. I haven’t been enough places in Wyoming to know of a good one yet, still new to the area. And any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Frito

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Frito
Last Name
Laies
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7PRE
Service Branch
Navy

I am not sure about an area, still new to Wyoming, would just be happy getting out lol, was thinking something centeralish, just so people wouldn't have to drive as far, but I am not picky. any help would be really apreceated

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Neal, Frito...........

I am not sure about an area, still new to Wyoming, would just be happy getting out lol, was thinking something centeralish, just so people wouldn't have to drive as far, but I am not picky. any help would be really apreceated
Do we want to make this a "project" to investigate? I've been looking around the Encampment area as I said, and have been meandering virtually on maps and Gaia. I intend to go up that way myself once snow clears and temps come back up. Up for an off line chat maybe?

BuffaloPhil

Rank IV

Influencer II

Jackson, WY, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

I'm in Jackson Hole and would be interested. One idea is the South Pass City/Atlantic City area. Can explore the overland trails(Mormon, Oregon, California) on mainly BLM land. Lots of great trail riding in an area with a lot of history and open spaces. Lodging in Lander for anyone not camping.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I'm in Jackson Hole and would be interested. One idea is the South Pass City/Atlantic City area. Can explore the overland trails(Mormon, Oregon, California) on mainly BLM land. Lots of great trail riding in an area with a lot of history and open spaces. Lodging in Lander for anyone not camping.
Tell me more......I'm starring at maps now

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Last year (2021), I drove Louis Lake Road from WY-28 to Lander, WY. The main road was easy and there were numerous side roads/tracks to explore. Beautiful country! I saw a couple of backcountry campgrounds and numerous boondocking opportunities. I recall a state park campground at the bottom of the switchbacks on the Lander side.

BuffaloPhil

Rank IV

Influencer II

Jackson, WY, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Sorry for the delay...if you're still looking at maps, think of a starting point around South Pass City and Atlantic City, both off of WY 28, south of Lander. From those two spots, one can travel the historic trails in several directions: one route generally follows more or less parallel to the Hudson-Atlantic City Road from Soth Pass City generally northest up to Rte 287. This is the Oregon Trail. Another route heads west from South Pass City, across WY 28 generally following the Lander Cutoff Road west toward Boulder, WY. Both routes are open, scenic, and primarily on BLM land with markers idenitfying the historic trails. Just a thought to stimulate some thinking about possibilities...

Frito

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Frito
Last Name
Laies
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7PRE
Service Branch
Navy
Sorry for the delay...if you're still looking at maps, think of a starting point around South Pass City and Atlantic City, both off of WY 28, south of Lander. From those two spots, one can travel the historic trails in several directions: one route generally follows more or less parallel to the Hudson-Atlantic City Road from Soth Pass City generally northest up to Rte 287. This is the Oregon Trail. Another route heads west from South Pass City, across WY 28 generally following the Lander Cutoff Road west toward Boulder, WY. Both routes are open, scenic, and primarily on BLM land with markers idenitfying the historic trails. Just a thought to stimulate some thinking about possibilities...
Sounds awesome

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I wish I had known that back in 2018. My daughter and I were in Atlantic City coming home from New Fork Lakes.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Ok, I have to do some routing in Gaia to see how long things are, etc........but I have a Steamboat Springs, CO to Encampment, Wy to ( a couple of ways ) the Hwy 287/Oregon Trail intersection (Atlantic City Road) to South Pass City to Boulder to Green River, Wy and back down to the Maybell/Craig, Colorado area route. Keep in mind that I live down by Rifle, Colorado so that's MY start/end zone. Much of what I've got in forest service and other dirt roads....there are some sections of pavement as I don't see anyway to not have that given my start/end point. Let me play with it a bit more and see what mileages might be and how many days it might take, I'm guessing it's 4 or 5 days all in depending on stops and campsites, etc. It feels like it could be a blast so far. More specifics to follow soon. I'm thinking perhaps that the Encampment to Boulder segment is a couple of days and might be the part that's of group interest? It's the most dirt, and most varied terrain I think ( plus the cool part to Steamboat Springs ).

Reactions: Frito

Frito

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Frito
Last Name
Laies
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7PRE
Service Branch
Navy
That’s an excellent idea, I like the idea of staying in Wyoming and exploring home state before branching out, will always welcome friends from out of state but I think for a “Wyoming” meetup it would be better to stay in state.

Reactions: 307dulaney