WWII Spen trailer transformation

• HTML tutorial

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

After building our base exposition trailer we needed a second trailer for errands around town since we don’t have a pickup. I scoured Craigslist and found an old Spen trailer that was built similar to the WWII bantam M100 trailers. Although she was a rust bucket underneath I could tell she had potential. Attached are pictures of how I found her out in a ranch in North Texas just west of Denton.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Chaos

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

5B6B2838-FB88-49E3-A05A-64E2C7122F4B.jpeg The transformation consisted of a full axle swap 6k, 6lug, with 12” brakes. I had a set of brakes in the garage from my past build . I also sanded her down, repaired the rust spots and gave her a new OD green rattle can paint job. The bed was was lined with U-pol raptor liner. I was also able to use the spare tires that came off the H3 as well as misc trailer parts I had sitting in the garage. Here are some pictures of the progress.

Attachments

Reactions: DaveInCO

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

Actually those pictures were taken as the project was underway. The Trailer has extended flattop fenders that a buddy sold me. They had been sitting in his shop for years.