Working from home and looking for an escape.

• HTML tutorial

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
A few photos from last June in central Nevada...
Nice shots! Whereabouts in NV? We have done Kingston Reservoir a couple times in the last 4 years and this year will be back to NV again to try out a remote spot we found wheeling last year.

79bj40

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Zinn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MKM
This is out towards Austin on 50. Love it out there...been doing it a couple times a year since the early 1990's.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Not seeing the TX pic :(
One of my overlanding buddies is in DFW and I am sure one year we will make it down to TX.

79bj40

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Zinn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MKM
Not seeing the TX pic :(
One of my overlanding buddies is in DFW and I am sure one year we will make it down to TX.
Hah, I meant Austin Nevada. I used to live outside of Austin back in 2004 and had a nice peice of property in the hill country to wheel on. Miss that place but too many Californians have moved there and ruined it.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hah, I meant Austin Nevada. I used to live outside of Austin back in 2004 and had a nice peice of property in the hill country to wheel on. Miss that place but too many Californians have moved there and ruined it.
Austin NV - love it! Ever been to the International Bar there (I think that is the place, full of character)? We have found a nice spot on the reservoir by Kingston - good camping and lots dirt road and mines to explore.

79bj40

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Zinn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MKM
Austin NV - love it! Ever been to the International Bar there (I think that is the place, full of character)? We have found a nice spot on the reservoir by Kingston - good camping and lots dirt road and mines to explore.
Haven't been to that bar but maybe I'll check it out in June when I am out there next. The only bar I usually hit out there is Middlegate Station on the corner of 50 and 361. Great burgers, cold beer and they sell some tasty hot sauces.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Haven't been to that bar but maybe I'll check it out in June when I am out there next. The only bar I usually hit out there is Middlegate Station on the corner of 50 and 361. Great burgers, cold beer and they sell some tasty hot sauces.
"Decent" hotel across the street.
1585760632488.png

1585760682110.png

79bj40

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Zinn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MKM
Nice. All of these old middle of nowhere Nevada bars look similar. I’m tempted to head out there and work really remote. I think I could get most everything done tethered to my phone but it’s still a little cold at night. If this coronavirus nonsense continues I’ll plan on spending a couple weeks out camping and working.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Nice. All of these old middle of nowhere Nevada bars look similar. I’m tempted to head out there and work really remote. I think I could get most everything done tethered to my phone but it’s still a little cold at night. If this coronavirus nonsense continues I’ll plan on spending a couple weeks out camping and working.
Cell reception in Kingston but not up in the hills ;) Last year we ate at a couple of Basque restaurants - yum! If in Winnemucca check out The Martin Hotel and have a Picon!
I can be there in 12 to 14 hours ;)

79bj40

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Zinn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MKM
Cell reception in Kingston but not up in the hills ;) Last year we ate at a couple of Basque restaurants - yum! If in Winnemucca check out The Martin Hotel and have a Picon!
I can be there in 12 to 14 hours ;)
nice, I’ll keep you posted.We usually hit a spot south of Winnemucca for a week or so.

Esipili

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Claudine
Last Name
Sipili
Member #

Hello, any of you NV-lovers know of any NV OHV trails still open? Preferably close to the California-State line? I'm in Bay Area and am looking to do a day trip out to NV. All CA SVRAs are closed indefinitely until further notice. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello, any of you NV-lovers know of any NV OHV trails still open? Preferably close to the California-State line? I'm in Bay Area and am looking to do a day trip out to NV. All CA SVRAs are closed indefinitely until further notice. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated...thanks.
Not sure on trail closures. Hit me up if you decide to venture further into NV than the state line. Have done some stuff near Elko/Winnemucca/Kingston.

Reactions: Esipili

79bj40

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Zinn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MKM
I'm sure the Bobcat OHV trail over the Stillwater range is likely open. It runs from the Carson Sink outside Fallow east. There is a cabin up near the top that might be a good halfway point but I have never stayed there.

Esipili

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Claudine
Last Name
Sipili
Member #

Wow! Beautiful pictures...thank you for sharing.

This is definitely a reminder to NOT take anything for granted, especially the great outdoors...and humans!

Reactions: grubworm