Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey, if you have a WK2 Grand Cherokee, I'm sure you've found like I have that there is a serious lack of aftermarket goodies out there. Let's share what's out there, what works and where to get the best price. We've all sunk a decent amount of dough into our trucks, let's help each other upgrade as intelligently and cheaply as possible!

OCWanderer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Here's mine. Basically stock, but traded out the 20" wheels for 18's and a set of AT's and put a rack and lights on it. Have a ladder, rock sliders and fender flares on order. Then on to some serious armor underneath and maybe front and rear bars, but I'm told that the ARB bull bar won't work with the technology package, so we'll see what my options really are.

1. DSCN9966.JPG

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Checking in here with my '14 EcoDiesel.
It's stock for the most part except for a shield for the def injector and I upgraded the tires to 275/55R20's (33's).

We've taken this truck on the soft sands of the Outer Banks of NC and the snows of NH in the winter and it goes anywhere we ask it to.
Love this truck!

Attachments

Reactions: Jimmy P

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Man everything about your WK is awesome. It looks great. What tire carrier do you run? roof rack?
Thank you! I have the Wilco Hitchgate Solo which carries the tire and my 3.5g FuelpaX. It also has a space to mount a Hi-Lift jack. And the roof rack is the Slimline II by Front Runner which is a full rack system that replaces the stock rails. And besides all of the great accessories they make, it fits my RTT perfectly!

CaseyW

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

Added Thule Aero racks, dropped down from the OEM 18" wheels to Laredo 17" wheels, wrapped with General Grabber AT2's.

Only mods I'm considering is the OME 2" lift.

Still haven't figured out the roof rack. I've got a Thule box to go with the bars, but I'm also jealous of the utility a basket offers, maybe a BajaRack or just a Rhino platform on these bars.

Attachments

Last edited:

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

Here's mine.
RRO Leveling kit, plain black bull bar, ROLA Roof basket with several LED lights, aftermarket wheels and better A/T tires, Front Runner Wolfpack boxes, Midland CB, and a few other odds and ends.
Future plans include a Wilco hitchgate and RRO Hidden winch system.IMG_20180125_215048.jpg Screenshot_20180101-102035.jpg Screenshot_20180108-212013.jpg

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

OCWanderer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Wright
Member #

If any of you are in SoCal and need the transfer plate skid plates, I screwed up when I ordered my armor and got two sets (I know, I know... Idiot). If you show up here with a WK2 with an OB badge on it, you can have them.

Reactions: Silverback_WK2

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
If any of you are in SoCal and need the transfer plate skid plates, I screwed up when I ordered my armor and got two sets (I know, I know... Idiot). If you show up here with a WK2 with an OB badge on it, you can have them.
That's a very generous offer!
If you weren't 3000 miles away I'd take you up on it!

antangil

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntsville, Alabama
Member #

Reactions: GPsGeeps

CO_R1T

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kaufer
Member #

Here's my 2014 WK2 EcoDiesel Overland. Sold the 20's for 18's and BFG KO2's. So far it has nearly all the Chief Products items on it, except for transmission plate and hidden winch/mount. Fully protected up front and underneath with CP front guard, bull bar, sump plate, mopar plates, etc. Has the Front Runner Slimline II with the Front Runner 40" bar, hilift mount. Next plans are Wilco Hitchgate, set of ARB AR32's up front, and the upcoming rock rails from Chief Products due this summer, hopefully...

Inked20180204_143211_LI.jpg

Reactions: GPsGeeps

StuntmanMike

Rank IV

Advocate II

Newport RI
Still haven't figured out the roof rack. I've got a Thule box to go with the bars, but I'm also jealous of the utility a basket offers, maybe a BajaRack or just a Rhino platform on these bars.
I dunno, personally I like the box. Yeah the rack LOOKS cooler, but I like that gear is slightly more secure and DRY in the box. Plus it's prob better for mpg.

Reactions: CaseyW