New Port Richey FL
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ewing
Member #

Service Branch
U S Army
Hey Ross, I'm in ! this is a good place to practice off camber driving. Plenty of washouts to go up an down with a mix of sand an mud even some clay . Be camping on primitive side of holder mine camp. Also plenty of firewood to cut and lighter knot though out the forest. Those of you that have never bin to citrus forest will fine it to be a blast ! It's almost 15 miles from North to South and 6 to 8 miles across East to West. Very easy to get a 30 mile ride or more in a day ! Looking forward to this event as it will be a great camping trip and trail ride.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Yes, that would be good. The best ride will be on the 9th.

SixthElement

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
William
Last Name
Ski
Member #

I'll be there. Weekend was picked on the Tacoma forums. So, there will be plenty of rigs running around. I'll be at Site 3 with my Tacoma.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
so since i'm new to the area, is it best to reserve a spot or do a walk up, and if there's nothing available can you disperse camp?
The reserved sites online are for the full facility part of Holder mine campground. The primitive section is across the road and there are approximately 60 or 70 primitive sites you can choose from. And you pay $10 in an envelope and put it in the box and you should be good to go.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Ok I just called the ranger station. To stay at Holder mine primitive sites you will also need a small game hunting license & WMA stamp. If you do not want to purchase a hunting license you can stay at the mutual mine primitive sites which is not too far away.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTrip1

TJ Willy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

New Port Richey FL
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ewing
Member #

Service Branch
U S Army
Hey guys , if u do buy a hunting license with a management stamp it will allow you to stay in any wma that offers camping an trails during hunting season in FL. Without a hassle.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
There are sites in the primitive hunt camp, you would need a hunting license and a WMA permit, $10.00/ night. There are walk up sites in the full facility side but first come first serve. We just took a day long ride there yesterday. trails are mild to wild and the wild parts have bypass trails around the technical parts, so it’s really up to you.

Ruben Ferran

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

There are sites in the primitive hunt camp, you would need a hunting license and a WMA permit, $10.00/ night. There are walk up sites in the full facility side but first come first serve. We just took a day long ride there yesterday. trails are mild to wild and the wild parts have bypass trails around the technical parts, so it’s really up to you.
Think my stock 4Runner will be alright to go through?

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Think my stock 4Runner will be alright to go through?
Yes, the terrain is mostly just fire roads some off camber, with options to test your rig if you choose, the technical areas have bypass trails to go around.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

Ross & Co. I just joined OB. I'm Rafael aka ABTK01 coming to you from Orlando. Been wanting to challenge myself and rig with some overlanding but knew better than to venture out alone. I'll be meeting you in my gray gen 1 2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

I have a question. Will we be setting up camp once, Friday, and then returning to it the same campground Saturday after after trail riding? Rafael