Wisconsin members, check in...

• HTML tutorial

DeltaZulu

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wisconsin
Member #

Let's start out by checking in with your location, and a little about yourself...

Pleasant Prairie, Wisc.

O7 2 door Wrangler, currently with a 2" lift. ( Saving cash for tires, rims and a 4" lift) Just bought it. This is my 2nd Jeep... Been out of this scene for years building race and show cars... Got the bug again and decided to move forward with this. I look forward to hearing from everyone!

DZ

HighC_FJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cornell, WI here. (Hour north of Eau Claire)

2014 Toyota Fj. As of now just snorkel, scuba mod, then a bigger list of just small accessory’s. Hoping for a 3inch lift and tires come spring time if everything works out right. Also Built a mini truck before. Still haven’t finished it. Lol. One day tho for that...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Gonzo and GPG3

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

Mayville here.
2004 Land Cruiser. OME lift, snorkel ,OBA, dual batteries, sliders, Arb front bumper, Come Up winch, blah blah
pysnGdLyl5lfXAuhMpTQ3_Dc3UgNgLPpqxzr5kzoSYEpX92IB.jpg
We take a 2 week+ trip once or twice a year as well as short weekend camping trips.Currently planning a 2-3 week trip to Montana in August.

Avalon01

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Genoa City, WI
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Traskaski
Member #

Genoa City, WI.

A military HMMWV. No upgrades, since it does not need any. :) I've begun adding a shelf system in the back, but otherwise it's stock. The military uses 200 amp 24/12 volt alternators, so will have plenty of power.

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

Nice. Have the trailer too I see. I've been debating getting an m1101 trailer to build out into a camper trailer but the wife is pretty hardcore and turns her nose up at anything but a ground tent. We'll see if a few weeks in grizzly country changes her mind. Pfft. Who am I kidding. She'll skin the damn bear and make a rug for the tent...Damn midwest farmers daughters.

Avalon01

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Genoa City, WI
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Traskaski
Member #

Nice. Have the trailer too I see. I've been debating getting an m1101 trailer to build out into a camper trailer but the wife is pretty hardcore and turns her nose up at anything but a ground tent. We'll see if a few weeks in grizzly country changes her mind. Pfft. Who am I kidding. She'll skin the damn bear and make a rug for the tent...Damn midwest farmers daughters.
I went with the M101A2 since I picked it up for less than $500 from a guy who was going to scrap it. Nothing wrong with it when I picked it up other than flat tires.

I use it to haul stuff, so I'm not going to convert it yet. Right now a ground tent works great and there is plenty of room in the HMMWV anyway.

skota

Rank 0

Traveler I

Madison WI here, I mostly drive to mountain bike trails like Levis mounds and copper harbor and camp out. But I have been looking into do more trail runs.
Truck is a 1987 D110, Mostly stock except the snorkel, tires, and some custom aluminum pieces inside. I had it imported from the UK so it's rhd, 4spd and has a 2.5 td.
Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
New member, in Manitowoc.

Rigs are stock at the moment. 99 Chevy Silverado, 2010 Subaru Outback.

My family has been overlanding for about 5 years, we just didn't know it! Planning a Trans WI Trail trip in spring as our first official overland adventure. We also sit on the board for the Friends Of Point Beach State Forest. If you get to the east side of the state, stop and check out the park sometime! Aside from camping, I'm a gear head working on cars, guitars, and most other machines I can tear apart and rebuild. Musician and sound tech by trade, outdoor enthusiast by birth.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Checking in from Milwaukee.

I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade. It has a small lift and AT tires. Also a bull bar with spot lights. Slowly doing other upgrades as needed. This is my daily driver so I'll probably go with some kind of chuck box rather then attaching directly to the car. Also thinking about a small trailer. I do all my own car work and will help out anyone who needs a hand.

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Does anyone know of a place one can get off road in WI, even just a day trip, to test out a rig? I would like to test the abilities of a few vehicles before and after some mods. I know there are some fire lanes a few hours north, but even those are pretty tame for the most part. Thoughts? Suggestions?

true.north.adv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mondovi, WI
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Place
Member #

Does anyone know of a place one can get off road in WI, even just a day trip, to test out a rig? I would like to test the abilities of a few vehicles before and after some mods. I know there are some fire lanes a few hours north, but even those are pretty tame for the most part. Thoughts? Suggestions?
I'm in the same situation; want to test the stock 4Runner first. I am planning to complete the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail later this year and everything I have read says a stock vehicle can do it because it mainly gravel and fire roads, with asphalt mixed in.

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
I'm in the same situation; want to test the stock 4Runner first. I am planning to complete the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail later this year and everything I have read says a stock vehicle can do it because it mainly gravel and fire roads, with asphalt mixed in.
Yeah we are hitting that trail in June, not so much worried about that one, I just want to know what our Outback and my Silverado can do now vs. after some suspension work. That and I really just want to get off the pavement.

MrPhishin

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hartland here.

I have a Nissan Frontier Pro-4x wildpeak at3's bull bar light bars. Want to find a budget bed rack for a tent and storage. Anyone have any good ideas locally?

VAZ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Kenosha here. And yes, the pipeline is a lot of fun

Cyclosaur

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Stevens Point, WI
Member #

Pipeline is your best bet for offroading in WI. Not my video but gives a pretty good idea of the terrain. Lots of soft sand and mud, rocky hill climb and afew off camber areas.

I used the directions here to find it. http://www.myxj.net/blog/the-pipeline/
I've found afew other fun trails in the area but I'll have to dig up my old tablet to get the tracks.
Stevens Point Here!
Seriously, thanks, its tough to find someplace to flex around here!
07 JKU

Rob Schmidt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lake Geneva, WI
Member #

Thanks! I have a few buddys from Manitowoc. Cant wait to get out of IL! I beleive Mackeys is right down the road from River Road Rally Park.