Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
A Winter Run (will be snow) into the Sierra Nevadas. Due to snow heavier conditions on the original route we will now be running from Grass Valley near Malakof Diggins to Bowman Lake and then back to Auburn. Our original run along Emigrant Trail south of Hwy 50 had too many unknowns for an easier snow run.

View Rally Point

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Between those of us I know going, we have everything Mike mentioned. We will have winches, tow straps, shovels, and air supply.

I will mention it here, bring a lunch. We will be out on the trail during lunch. I'm looking forward to some winter fun with everyone.

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
I use HAM as my main on all runs, I have GMRS & CB so all comms are covered. This time I dropped the CB because it hasn't made the swap from my JKU to JT. Trail lead and trail gunner (me) will be on HAM 2m.

ParksIT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
phillip
Last Name
usrey
Member #

Had a great time today! Kid loved it! Wife had a good time and will come again so bonus there!

only suggestion we had would be a post run meet point for dinner in case lunch is short like today. Thinkin pizza and beer or a brewery or something kid friendly. We were a bit starved near the end due to a certain dodge truck in the road.I don’t think that could have been prevented but next time I hope to bust out the baby q and grill some brauts.

10/10 would run again. Hopefully I’ll have the Yaesu in by next week and coms will be cleaner for me.

Phil

Attachments

Reactions: DaveD and Otter155

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Thanks to everyone that went, it was a good day, and everyone returned safe. We had the opportunity to not only get a few of our own unstuck, but to help out another traveler get his PowerWagon turned around so they could make it out safely. At the very end of the trip, when I thought things were over, we were asked to help air up another vehicle so they could limp home. I'm looking forward to the discussed 2 day snow trip.

My biggest take away, stay in the tracks and don't go off the road, no matter how many vehicles are trying to pass you.

The Lake was so beautiful.
20191228_142630.jpg

The group at Malakof Diggins
20191228_110806.jpg

At the end of the day, as the sun was going down.
20191228_152724.jpg

Reactions: Mike331 and DaveD