lgifford156

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Westminster, MA, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Gifford
Late response here, once I arrived on the roads I choose to take the biggest issue I found was Ice. I did have lots of sand and rock salt with me but as long as I kept my speed going up and kept it slow going down we were fine. We did find some great views about a mile down a trail of 4-8 inches of snow it all varied based on snow drifts. I was not able to complete the trail I wanted as there was a 40 foot water crossing, wasn't crazy deep (like a foot and a half) but I was concerned about the entry and exit points as large ice chunks had built up on either end. If I had another vehicle with me I would of went for it but I didn't feel like getting stuck 20 miles in, no cell service and a high of 22 degrees. Many of the logging roads where heavily used by hunters, so we saw quite a few people out there, however the water crossing was on Indian land a little ways off the "main road" and there was no one in sight. Additionally before we went I sent a map of where we were going to my Father so that if he didn't hear from us by 10pm he knew where to find us. I would say the logging roads any four wheel drive vehicle can use, the Indian reservation trail was a little more difficult but but still easy just needed that slightly higher clearance. Additionally I found my KO2s were perfect and I didn't need anything else for this trail. I did most trails in 2 wheel drive fine but I flipped it into 4x4, as I was making my friend a little car sick, for a smoother ride. And last but not least my dog, Tiger, absolutely loved the entire adventure. There's definitely a lot to explore out there off of the logging roads which I plan to do come summer when I can get a friend to join me.

Attachments

Last edited: