Winter Overlanding Ocala National Forest - Shooting Range and Getting Stuck

• HTML tutorial

ChrispyChris

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey guys, my girlfriend and I just finished up our videos from our January trip to ONF. Took a while with being busy at school this semester. Here’s the link:

Please let us know what y’all think and what we can do better. We’re hoping to keep producing content at better and more interesting quality.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Traveler I

USA
Looks nice, just curious though... how would you compare Ocala to something like the South Bight or the kalahari?

Is it just a weekend place or is it something you can drive for days on? If it's different, does Florida have anything similar or remote?

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Looks nice, just curious though... how would you compare Ocala to something like the South Bight or the kalahari?

Is it just a weekend place or is it something you can drive for days on? If it's different, does Florida have anything similar or remote?
Just miles of straight, flat, washboard roads littered with Bud Light cans, with scrub brush and pine trees and a Navy bombing range in the middle.

ChrispyChris

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Just miles of straight, flat, washboard roads littered with Bud Light cans, with scrub brush and pine trees and a Navy bombing range in the middle.
If you want to simplify it that much, sure. But I’ve found some pretty nice areas on lakes and such that are away from where people normally go. I think there’s enough there to explore for a while.
The rednecks can kill some areas and that’s a shame

ChrispyChris

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I’d imagine it’s a hell of a lot smaller than those areas. There’s places that you could spend some time exploring, or just stay for the weekend.
Florida doesn’t have anything super remote apart from the Everglades, but that area is mostly done by boat.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

If you want to simplify it that much, sure. But I’ve found some pretty nice areas on lakes and such that are away from where people normally go. I think there’s enough there to explore for a while.
The rednecks can kill some areas and that’s a shame

The first time we went we were so dissappointed by the amount of litter, we filled 2 30gal trash bags and trucks going the other way blowing by, one even forced us to the side hogging up the whole road, you are right about some places and the springs are nice also. Too bad they dont have more Rangers to crack down on the losers that ruin a good thing.

Reactions: ChrispyChris

Traveler I

USA
I was pessimistic about FL, but after checking out Everglades trails on youtube, I might give it a second thought. It's nothing like Australian outback, but good enough for US.