Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
In and around the Coldscaur Recreation area. British Columbia, Canada.View attachment 126330View attachment 126331View attachment 126332
What antenna are you running on the jeep. A Tri band? Base/mid load type (BRAND). Also is it a NMO base or a pl259, as it is cut off in the picture.

Saw the weather was coming down the mid central states. So I imagine winter has arrived up there. Was up there 4 years ago on a business project, during December, but luckily missed almost all the bad storms during the 30 days I did Alberta, Alaska, and back down to BC., before heading south to Nevada. Been to Quebec and Ontario, and passed west along the 5, thru Saskatawan etc until heading North. I have to say that Alberta and BC, are my 2 favorite areas of Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick-A51

Devin P.

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6GBF
What antenna are you running on the jeep. A Tri band? Base/mid load type (BRAND). Also is it a NMO base or a pl259, as it is cut off in the picture.

Saw the weather was coming down the mid central states. So I imagine winter has arrived up there. Was up there 4 years ago on a business project, during December, but luckily missed almost all the bad storms during the 30 days I did Alberta, Alaska, and back down to BC., before heading south to Nevada. Been to Quebec and Ontario, and passed west along the 5, thru Saskatawan etc until heading North. I have to say that Alberta and BC, are my 2 favorite areas of Canada.
It's a 1/2 wave dual band, SG-M507 PL-259 style mount. Works ok, I have a 5/8 wave i like better just too tall for that part of the country with all the tree's.

Reactions: Desert Runner