Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I see a lot of Jack Ass in those pics....Haha. Definitely don't want to hit those in your first pic. They kind of rearrange everything....
Hitting a Equine (Horse/Burro) or Moose, are the worst. Solid and tall, they will come thru the windshield at speed. A cow, has a tendency to come apart. Any way you look at it, is bad bad news. As has been mentioned in so many threads, a Bull-bar is at the top of vehicle travellel items, due to this concern. To many close calls, and the thought of a totalled vehicle, motivate many to add this protection item.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

View attachment 94844
Following the power lines from Seymour Arm to Craigellachie, BC.
Working for SCE here in Low Cal. I saw roads like that for thirty five years, and guess what. It never gets old! I loved my job chasing crews all over ..... Good times and I got paid!!!! I see your in a Mack. We had a few of those. Most of the time I drove my ton service body work truck 4x4..

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

View attachment 94844
Following the power lines from Seymour Arm to Craigellachie, BC.
My dad drove log trucks in SW WA most of my childhood, and I have countless memories looking out of a very similar windsheild.. I know that is one of the many reasons I love driving old mining / logging roads through the woods.. Heck, he even had a Mack or two over the years! In fact, he has a Mack transfer rig now (in his 70's) as he hauls rock part time as an O/O.

So many great memories of watching the sun rise over a long hood!

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

This past January, and yes, it’s a bad picture. I had to turn back it was so wet. The road is a stream about 4 inches deep in the picture. I’ve driven that road many times (Forest Service road) and had never seen it that bad. It got worse though, it totally washed out in February, and is still closed.

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

So yeah, nobody said there was a "monsoon" season.
Seeing out your windshield is so overrated lol
I remember once driving with my dad in Maple Ridge and there was a sudden downpour so intense that we couldn't even drive at 30kph with the wipers on full speed and had to pull over and wait. Was absolutely nuts. Never seen the like of it before or since.