DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
How to make the road disappear (the pics ruin how steep this hill is)

We went up one side then have to turn to go down

20200125_133316.jpg

20200125_133400.jpg

Yeah, the camera loses the definition when we got to the top of the hill from the top of my hood to the level is probably about 30 feet. The hill is very steep... but the pics don't show how it disappears as we climbed up and made the turn. Oh well, if you have wheeled up a hill and off the side is the down road...you get what I tried to show.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

What is a center locker?
A locking center differential is the device that enables an AWD vehicle to act as a traditional 4WD.

For example, my Mitsubishi Pajero has what they refer to as "Super Select 4WD" - there are 4 settings. 2H, 4H (effectively AWD - I leave my truck in 4H at all times), 4H Lc (locked center - effectively 4-high in a traditional 4WD system), and 4L Lc (effectively 4-low in a traditional 4WD system)

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

A locking center differential is the device that enables an AWD vehicle to act as a traditional 4WD.

For example, my Mitsubishi Pajero has what they refer to as "Super Select 4WD" - there are 4 settings. 2H, 4H (effectively AWD - I leave my truck in 4H at all times), 4H Lc (locked center - effectively 4-high in a traditional 4WD system), and 4L Lc (effectively 4-low in a traditional 4WD system)
Ah I see, good to know.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a phone mount to record video?

My rugged ridge phone mount snapped at the ball joint.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

@Outdoordog 67designs.com is the best there is. China is now selling the same bits for half the price. Zero issues with mine over the pst 30k miles or so. Adjustable for height, angle, L or R. They make a single arm and a dual arm. Dual is perfect for a GoPro and a phone or with various adapters, a tablet. Carbon fiber arms come in different lengths and various mounts are available through them. Excellent CS.

Attachments

Reactions: Broke