Winch Roll Call!

• HTML tutorial

danmin_yyc

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alberta
I made my own hidden mount and decided to get the x20 gen2 10,000 pound. So far it's been great I absolutely love the wireless controller works great.IMG_20190515_120301595.jpeg

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Since I started driving I've had a couple dozen winches over the years. I'm down to 2 right now, a Warn XD-9000I on my Willys and a Warn M-6000 on my car trailer, I've use the hell out of both of them and other than replacing cables as they wear they've been trouble free.

I like the fact the winch on my Willys has 125' of cable on it, sometimes that extra 25' makes the difference.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Since I started driving I've had a couple dozen winches over the years. I'm down to 2 right now, a Warn XD-9000I on my Willys and a Warn M-6000 on my car trailer, I've use the hell out of both of them and other than replacing cables as they wear they've been trouble free.

I like the fact the winch on my Willys has 125' of cable on it, sometimes that extra 25' makes the difference.
I agree on the extra length of cable, I usually carry several 25'x loops of cable along with a 40'length. Of logging chain

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
64trvlr, what year is your wagon? My first dedicated expedition rig was a 1960 wagon with the flathead L-226. Iout of all my rigs I have ever owned, she was by far my favorite

Reactions: 64Trvlr

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
64trvlr, what year is your wagon? My first dedicated expedition rig was a 1960 wagon with the flathead L-226. Iout of all my rigs I have ever owned, she was by far my favorite
It's a 64 (duh), it still has the original paint on it. ;))

Got to love the old Willys wagons and pick ups.

It was part of a run of 525 for the US Border Patrol, special stuff on it and a special body.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It's a 64 (duh), it still has the original paint on it. ;))

Got to love the old Willys wagons and pick ups.

It was part of a run of 525 for the US Border Patrol, special stuff on it and a special body.
You should do a whole build thread on it. I think its a really neet rig. Especially since its a Border Patrol rig.