Wild Mustangs Tour - Virginia Range, Nevada - 07/14/2018

• HTML tutorial

Jethro

Rank 0

Contributor II

Observe wild mustangs in the Virginia Range. We will also stop at the Lagomarsino Petroglyphs and other areas of interest

I'm interested, will be in town with some friends for my birthday.

Taking the road that goes past the sheriff office?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jethro

Rank 0

Contributor II

Heading down Canyon Rd. for about a mile. Then on to dirt.
I wasn't paying attention if there is a sheriff office.
Hope to see you!
Yeah that's it, I tried to check it out in March during spring break and they stated it was washed out... should be fine now.

Definitely interested, see how hung over we are and what time are you going?

I'd like to run Budweiser canyon also, just depends on what rig I bring...that one will likely have to wait for a guys trip.

Are the details in the link? We are coming from the Roseville area going up Friday.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delta22

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dayton ,NV 89403
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briseno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7MZZ
Service Branch
Navy
DaveD do you have room for one more ,I enjoyed the Reno overlanders trip with you and all the rest and as i told you sunday your trip is right in my backyard. I would like to go if you have room though i see the horses all the time and am not a good photogrpher or speller let me know

jolagues

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Carmichael, California, United States
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Olagues
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QXA
Dave

I meet you at the monthly meetup a couple of weeks ago I am interested in attending this trip with my wife and daughter we are new to overlanding and have only really camped at established sites. Is there anything we need should know or plan for to be successful on this trip. I know we need to bring a portable toilet beyond that. Is there anything else that is a must have?

Jose

Reactions: HotTamale

xplorr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Will you be returning the way you come in or out to Geiger Grade? I’d like to make it out to the petroglyphs sometime, but July 14 won’t work. Would someone be willing to share a GPS track of the trip?

DaveD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California. USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6GMX
Will you be returning the way you come in or out to Geiger Grade? I’d like to make it out to the petroglyphs sometime, but July 14 won’t work. Would someone be willing to share a GPS track of the trip?
Here is a loose itinerary.
Lockwood - meet up and air down
Petroglyphs
Lousetown Rd.
Virginia City
Ophir Grade Rd.
Jumbo Grade Rd.
Camp
Mt. Davidson
Exit on Jumbo Grade Rd. To OHV area to air up
Eastlake Blvd

Reactions: xplorr

xplorr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Thank you for those details. That gives me some ideas for exploring the area when I get the opportunity.

HotTamale

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sacramento
First Name
April
Last Name
Nice
Member #

Had a great trip thanks Dave for being lead! Can't wait for the next adventure! If anybody has pictures from camp or Sunday please let me know our camera died

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: DaveD