Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I have a classic Wilco Hitchgate for sale that's been used on 3 trips. Manufactured April 2016 so it's about a year old. No rust, works perfectly. I also added a rotopax mount but I'll probably keep it. But the holes are there to add one if you want.

I'm going to get another one but need it to swing towards the drivers side so I can also use my new swinging bike rack. New with shipping over $1,000 and I'm asking $600. Can meet anywhere in the Bay Area or surrounding area.

Let me know if you have questions! Thanks.

IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1405.JPG

Last edited:

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hi -- I am interested in your tire carrier. This is the center-mount, right? How wide does this swing? I would be trying to put it onto my F250, and it's pretty wide .... I would normally choose the off-center mounted version to get the clearance, but maybe yours would work. Do you happen to know the open dimension, from the hitch center to the center of the tire carrier hub? Thanks,

Andreas

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Hi Andreas- yes this is the center mount, and I just stepped out and measured 46" from center of the hitch to center of the tire carrier hub. Hope that gives you enough clearance- let me know what you think. Thx!

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Big bummer! My tailgate is 64" wide, and I'm trying to mount a 35" spare, which makes your setup is about 3-4" too short.

As an aside, I see you have a FSR roof-top tent ---- how do you like it? I looked at them extensively online today. They seem to represent good value, assuming the quality is decent.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I was skeptical on the size of an F250- but if you find one offset you'll probably love it.

The FSR is my first RTT, and I'm really happy with the value of it. I really wanted an XL size for the whole family, and FSR had a good price and great colors. For the price point you don't get some of the upgrades like cloth-wrapped poles, condensation mat, led lighting etc but FSR uses YKK zippers, above average tent material, and a 2.5" mattress. I called and spoke to Casey (GM) and he gave me 5% off and free upgrade to telescoping ladders.

The only complaint are the cheap buckles they use on the cover straps which arrived broken because they're flimsy. I busted out the wife's sewing machine and replaced them with YKK buckles from Amazon which are stout. I also did a few "upgrades" like replacing the Velcro/D-ring tie down straps with buckles, adding some hanging points in the awning track, and added female buckle ends so the cover could be rolled up and clipped when using the tent. Makes it easier to get in and out of the GX.

Anyway- I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but suffice it to say I'm very happy with the purchase.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
If there's anyone interested who's going to Overland Expo West, I'm happy to bring it with me if it doesn't sell here locally first. Let me know!

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
So I've decided to keep this and find a way to mod it for use with my new bike carrier. See some of you guys an Expo West!

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Hey there- so last week I did this to my rig! Unfortunately I backed into someone. Didn't touch the hitchgate, but instead of fixing the bumper I'm going to replace it with a Metal Tech Pegasus. So I'm here at Expo West and would be happy to find it a new home. I can get the spare home if I deflate it, so let me know if you're here and interested! $600 Expo Special :smile:

Thanks. Lee 801-897-0944

IMG_1690.JPG