Why are the Ram's and all long beds neglected in the aftermarket world?!

• HTML tutorial

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

As a 3/4 ton Chevy owner, I always felt like the GMs were way more limited than Ford or RAM. So I guess it's all perception. I had mine SAS'ed, but staying IFS there were very few high-high quality options for lifts (Cognito being the main one). As for long bed, if GFCs don't offer something, Four Wheel Campers have several options for 8' beds.

-TJ

Reactions: DaleRF

Foras

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Bonte
Member #

Service Branch
Army
It seems like as I look into things that I would like on my truck, it being a Ram tends to be a limiting factor. Then, add that its a long bed, and my options become even more limited in some cases...

Now, the long bed thing makes sense, being that the approach and departure angles can be lessened as is the turning radius because of the long wheelbase...

But it seems that the Ford guys have all the stuff in the full size world, then the Toyota crowd...

Is this just an illusion to me being a Ram owner, or is it a correct observation?
What are you looking to do to the truck? I have a 2015 Ram 2500 short bed.

Foras

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Bonte
Member #

Service Branch
Army
It seems like as I look into things that I would like on my truck, it being a Ram tends to be a limiting factor. Then, add that its a long bed, and my options become even more limited in some cases...

Now, the long bed thing makes sense, being that the approach and departure angles can be lessened as is the turning radius because of the long wheelbase...

But it seems that the Ford guys have all the stuff in the full size world, then the Toyota crowd...

Is this just an illusion to me being a Ram owner, or is it a correct observation?
What are you looking to do to the truck? I have a 2015 Ram 2500 short bed.
I just added the GFC and am looking at icky concepts for some molle panels.

Attachments

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #