Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

NW OVERLAND RALLY
BC OVERLAND RALLY
ROCKY MOUNTAIN OVERLAND RALLY
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!!!!

Hello! You're receiving this email because either you've attended an Overland Rally in the past, or you've asked to be kept up-to-date. We promise not to send you too many emails, but if you'd rather not get any more like this, just let us know. Now that that's out of the way, we wanted to let you know that we have opened registration for all three of our 2019 events.

The NW Overland Rally in Plain WA is June 20 - 23 (just after most public schools break for summer). The BC Overland Rally is so popular that this year we are moving the event to Whistler BC! It's the following weekend, June 27-30. Our newest show, the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally is Aug 1-4, in scenic Gunnison CO, on a beautiful ranch surrounded by trails, mountains, history, and wide open spaces.

If you register for all three during the early-bird period (until March 31st), not only will you save on every show, we will take an additional $30 ($60 for a couple/family) off the total. Just email us after you've registered for all three and we will refund the discount. We are calling this our Triple Crown discount.

Information and registration options are available on the event websites:
www.nwoverlandrally.com
www.bcoverlandrally.com
www.rockymountainoverlandrally.com
We do hope to see you at one of the events, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us an email,
The NWOR email is nwoverlandrally@gmail.com
The BCOR email is bcoverlandrally@gmail.com
The RMOR email is rockymountainoverlandrally@gmail.com
or give us a call at (604) 889-2169.

Thank you, from the whole Overland Rallies team!

Bam

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oregon City, OR
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Hensch
Member #

Oregon City here but I am up in the Portland-Vancouver metro area a lot.

Reactions: TR8R

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The NW Overland Rally in Plain WA is June 20 - 23 (just after most public schools break for summer). The BC Overland Rally is so popular that this year we are moving the event to Whistler BC! It's the following weekend, June 27-30. Our newest show, the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally is Aug 1-4, in scenic Gunnison CO, on a beautiful ranch surrounded by trails, mountains....Overland Rallies team!
Great info! Thanks for posting!
Really glad to hear your growing. NWOR is great, I’ve been wanting to hit BCOR & it will be interesting to see what differences you experience taking the PNW approach to the Rockies with RMOR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I'm just north of Seattle by Arlington...
Welcome to Overland Bound, @xeattle! The NorthWest Region is a wealth of activity, so I am sure you will find many opportunities to put some mud on the clean looking JKU :laughing:. This forum, the NorthWest Region [link], is the perfect place to get started with getting to know your neighbors.

There are a number of us in the area and we are working at getting together on a monthly basis. Just last week around 25 of the NorthWest Region Overland Bound members got together at Fort Casey. The February event is still in the planning, but information will be coming out soon.

All of the events are posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to keep an eye on that as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there. If you need any assistance, feel free to message me on the forums, @Jedi.

Reactions: Lymitliss

Lymitliss

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Not sure if I'll be able to make the June 20th event due to that being VERY close to the due date of my second child, but I'm going to try!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Sammamish! Soon to be Fall City and have lived all over, tired of moving but love movvvvviiiiinnnnnggggg! If you know what I mean!
I looked at the OB map earlier and saw your location in the intersection by Safeway :) Fall City is a nice place to end up - Seattle gets better the further East you go :) I'm looking to go get the Jeep dirty - hit me up if you want to go explore some dusty roads. I understand there are some good ones in the Snoqualmie pass area.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thank you!
Some resources

Off Road Trails WA

Also, some fun little trails & camping areas around Lake Kachess & Lake Cle Elum/Salmon La Sac

See you on the trail. If it’s a modified 2nd Gen Nissan Pathfinder (R50), it’s probably me or a buddy who knows me!

Reactions: Ubiety and Jedi

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Some resources

Off Road Trails WA

Also, some fun little trails & camping areas around Lake Kachess & Lake Cle Elum/Salmon La Sac

See you on the trail. If it’s a modified 2nd Gen Nissan Pathfinder (R50), it’s probably me or a buddy who knows me!
Awesome resources! Thank you! A few more weeks like last week and the trails will open :)

Reactions: Jedi

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Bothell, Washington, suburb northeast of Seattle
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Looking for moderately challenging trails for day trips
Take a look at RainGoat's excellent post a couple up from this. Lots of great resources for finding dusty roads. Snoqualmie North Fork is about the only one that I know of locally but is pretty tame. Watch out for yahoos bombing down the road.

Reactions: RainGoat

BigBearJoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bothell, Washington
Member #

Take a look at RainGoat's excellent post a couple up from this. Lots of great resources for finding dusty roads. Snoqualmie North Fork is about the only one that I know of locally but is pretty tame. Watch out for yahoos bombing down the road.
One good, moderately challenging forest road I found off of Interstate 90 is Forest Road 9021-110 in the McClellan Butte area. Heading eastbound on I 90 take exit #38 (SE Homestead Valley Road) towards an area known as Garcia. Fairly rocky and steep but generally doable with high clearance and good traction control. You will get moderate brush pin striping. Ends where the road has been blocked by a landside with a wide turnaround loop, fire ring and potential camp spot overlooking a scenic canyon. I'm no expert but I'm going to say it's a 3-4 on a 1-10 scale.

Reactions: RainGoat