Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa, California, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Rothermund
Member #

Hi all. I wish I would have seen this before. My name is Vince and I drive a LR3. It has been an awesome rig. We just joined the San Diego LR club and look forward to meeting some people there. My LR is my daily and the kiddos have nicknamed it the DADWAGON for the last two years.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you and putting faces to the rigs. #ob5962

Attachments

Last edited:

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

Hi all. I wish I would have seen this before. My name is Vince and I drive a LR3. It has been an awesome rig. We just joined the San Diego LR club and look forward to meeting some people there. My LR is my daily and the kiddos have nicknamed it the DADWAGON for the last two years.

Hi from the UK,
Really nice Disco 3 - nice to see them out and about on the trail. Over here in the UK, they're more often regard as luxury SUV's (admittedly with a few enthusiast driven exceptions though :smirk:) and spend most of their time on the main road - what a waste... Good looking rig that you have there - really like the evening shot with the amber coloured roof lights - I might steal that idea for my own Land Rover :sunglasses:.
Incidentally, mines is my daily driver too - my grand kids would disown me if I ever sold it...

Vince Rothermund

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa, California, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Rothermund
Member #

Hi from the UK,
Really nice Disco 3 - nice to see them out and about on the trail. Over here in the UK, they're more often regard as luxury SUV's (admittedly with a few enthusiast driven exceptions though :smirk:) and spend most of their time on the main road - what a waste... Good looking rig that you have there - really like the evening shot with the amber coloured roof lights - I might steal that idea for my own Land Rover :sunglasses:.
Incidentally, mines is my daily driver too - my grand kids would disown me if I ever sold it...
Thank you for the kind words!! ☺

Reactions: JimG92

bennybasics

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, California 90018, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Comer
Member #

1988 Perentie - Defender 110 here in NYC (formerly Tasmania)

Nope - she’ll stay RHD - no conversion in her future. Factory built to be my dream truck with galvanized chassis, slightly wider track overall, 2” lift over civilian models, and an Isuzu 4 cyl diesel with a Garrett turbo that pumps out enough power and reliability for 70+ mph, I’d rather keep her bones and breathing relatively stock.

View attachment 164910

Is it still RHD or did you convert it ?

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

Some more Land Rover pictures attached - these were taken on a run to Wales. As a note of interest, a couple of them were taken above the Welsh town of Barmouth on a lane known as "Bomber's Lane" - it's named after the resting place of a USAAF B17 Flying Fortress that crashed on the hillside in bad weather on one of the last flights out of the UK close to the end of world war 2. As I understand it (please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm mistaken), the story goes that the B17 had taken off in foggy conditions (with additional personnel on board returning home) and due to the bad weather and (possibly) a navigation equipment fault it crashed into the hillside at the cost of everyone on board. The memorial is only accessible by 4x4 or on foot but it is still maintained to this day and visited on Remembrance Day with poppies placed so that those lost souls are never forgotten - a very poignant place..... I believe that there are still some aircraft remains in the area including part of a gun-sight and other airframe pieces that have been left undisturbed.
There is a strong air force connection to the area - on the day that we visited, we were watching RAF Hercules transports flying through the valleys - an amazing sight!

My Landie 24.jpgMy Landie 25.jpgMy Landie 26.jpgMy Landie 30.jpgMy Landie 31.jpgmy Landie 19.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Araskazar

Rank 0

Traveler I

Exeter
First Name
Aras
Last Name
Kazar
You have a beautiful one over there! Love it!

Here is my 110 pick-up, Muddy110.
I had a 110 wagon but it was way too rusted and had to sell it. I've got this one 6 months ago, converted into overland ready. Has 20lt water tank, storage box, side racks for recovery tools and supply boxes, dual band cb radio. I'm not planning any more investment on it /beside my mechanic visits;) /

Attachments

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Zharick

Rank I

Member I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Captain
Last Name
Placeholder
Member #

So we're soon to be owners of a New Defender. Are we gonna get shunned for having bought one? I haven't really seen many good things said about it in these forums lol. We went to the dealer looking for a Velar but ended up falling in love with the look and the way the New Defender drives. What sucks is that we probably won't see it until like Dec-Feb.