Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Very nice man, wish I saw more of ours out there. I actually came at mine the other direction, bought it to replace my Jeep as the “fun car” and now use it as my daily driver as well but probably drive about a tenth of your commute.

awesome ride and extremely capable, ive put mine in some dicey situations and always(almost haha) come away impressed.
I definitely understand the comments about these mostly being mall crawlers. It should definitely be used for what it's made for. But, man, it still hurts when it comes home with a scratch... :sweatsmile::persevere:

SayNoToDisco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walla Walla, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gant
Member #

I definitely understand the comments about these mostly being mall crawlers. It should definitely be used for what it's made for. But, man, it still hurts when it comes home with a scratch... :sweatsmile::persevere:
Tell me about it, this was a tough "scratch" to swallow leaving Kings Canyon NP. Started sliding while turning on a muddy incline, you don't want to know how expensive that mirror is.

IMG-7188.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi,

Wanna see Landys? Here is mine:

Covered a bit more than 300,000kms with it all over Europe, North America, Russia, Central and Northern Asia.. and more plans in mind :grinning:

Cheers, Bjoern
I'd like it better if it were mine my friend. Happy Trails !

Reactions: El-Dracho

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
Tell me about it, this was a tough "scratch" to swallow leaving Kings Canyon NP. Started sliding while turning on a muddy incline, you don't want to know how expensive that mirror is.

View attachment 150608
At least it was not from the Starbucks drive through.

WoodcockFamilyOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Shropshire, UK
First Name
Daryll
Last Name
Woodcock
Member #

Here’s a questions for Discovery/LR3 owners.
Has anyone taken out the 3rd row seats to utilise the space underneath? Was it worth it and did you get much usable storage space?

I know I’m never likely to use them so thinking about it. Save weight gain usable space?

Roverbob

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Leicester, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Wallace
Member #

Here's the d2, paint was wrecked and I couldn't see 6000 for a paint job, so about 400 in paint and other supplies from summit, and a little help from a former employer. I work at a small land rover shop in Asheville now( not the dealer Asheville land rover is awful), if your ever in the area come see us, chances are if your looking for some hard to find part we have it.

Attachments

Loanrangie

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Melboure,Victoria, Australia
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Robertshaw
Here’s a questions for Discovery/LR3 owners.
Has anyone taken out the 3rd row seats to utilise the space underneath? Was it worth it and did you get much usable storage space?

I know I’m never likely to use them so thinking about it. Save weight gain usable space?
I have thought about it a few times but the extra space isn't really that much, i mean it would be good for storing recovery gear and maybe even an extra battery or 2 but i generally have stuff loaded on top so not an easy access proposition.

WoodcockFamilyOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Shropshire, UK
First Name
Daryll
Last Name
Woodcock
Member #

I have thought about it a few times but the extra space isn't really that much, i mean it would be good for storing recovery gear and maybe even an extra battery or 2 but i generally have stuff loaded on top so not an easy access proposition.
Having looked into it, it seems that Land Rover did a pretty good job of squeezing those seats in and making them very compact so the space you would gain doesn’t seem worth the hassle of lifting them out. Plus you never know one day you might actually need to use the back seats!

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Just picked up this diamond in the rough today, the bad: lots of rust for me to repair, abs master cylinder inop. The good: interior is 100% other than cleaning it doesn't need anything, runs really good, brand new suspension and tires.
Nice! Is it a lwb?

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
Just picked up this diamond in the rough today, the bad: lots of rust for me to repair, abs master cylinder inop. The good: interior is 100% other than cleaning it doesn't need anything, runs really good, brand new suspension and tires.
Love it! I had one that same color. I miss that truck.