The wife and I were professional photographers back in the early 70's. We had a new Chevy Van that I cut the top out of and put a fiberglass standup top on. I built the whole interior. We ranged up and down the Rockies from Mexico to well up into Canada. We did large limited edition custom prints for large corporations. We did quite well at it . I built my own color darkroom and did up to 40x60" prints and custom framed them. Most pix were done on 4x5 or 8x10 view cameras with a few done on a Mamiya RB67 ideal format.
Like all good things. Litho prints started coming out that were way cheaper and people decided they didn't need the quality. Things tapered off and we switched over and had a video production company for years. All this time I was still a full time engineer.
Kids came along and the time away dwindled to next to nothing. I would still love to do the large format stuff, but it is just too much hassle. I am looking at one of the new professional digital cameras that are around 100mega pixels. All the swings and tilts of a view camera can be digitally done now days.