Who is a Vet, Active or First Responder?

• HTML tutorial

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey everyone! Kinda re-introducing myself in here. I joined and posted hello in the main intros thread a bit over a year ago and since then my daughter was born and it's just been wild! I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and hopefully I'll be back at it full-time in the next year or two.

I'm Ethan, I served active Army for ten years and medically retired in 2018 with 100% VA rating. I was assigned to Bragg most of my time, under the 20th EN BDE (C) (A) and did 12 months in both Iraq and Afghanistan 2009-10 and 2012-13 respectively. Then I did a wonderful assignment as a recruiter in NJ until they finalized my med board, been living up here ever since.

I currently operate a small side-gig Facebook page as a Trail Guide and Instructor. I've built a few Jeeps for SEMA with RealTruck - formerly Truck Hero or Rugged Ridge. This year I had originally planned to take off completely from the off-road scene but I answered a call from a good friend whos Gladiator many may recognize:

20230713_193551 (1).jpg

His rig of course is the white one, and I won't give away his info but here's also my Gladiator and primary vehicle. So if you haven't guessed, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with Midland Radio this summer even though I was "off". I'm still taking things slow for the rest of the year, but anyone in the East region is welcome to tag me. I travel between NJ and VA pretty regularly and would love to meet for a drink.

Send my company page a message if you ever need anything!
Facebook | NAT

I don't look this good anymore I'm sorry! Haha
N1.JPG

Chris_d282fc

Rank I

Contributor III

NC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rains
First off, thank you to all our military and first responders, and your families, for giving yourself to your country and communities.

Retired LEO as of last summer, 23.5 yrs in Charlotte. Stopped in the middle and owned a construction business for seven years and went back because I missed it. Patrol, PTO, Street Crimes, ATF Task Force Officer, Patrol Sergeant, Covert Ops, FBI TF Sgt. Done with all that and ready for something different, plus now I have much more time for some outdoors.

AT4OB

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Connecticut, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone! Currently serving in the Army National Guard, 14 years total service right now with 1 combat deployment. I am also a State Corrections Officer. Thank you to all the other veterans and First Responders out there for the sacrifices you have made.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
8 years as an MM1 in the Navy, got retired as a bullet magnet. 100% service connected.

Was a paramedic then engineer/medic for our local volunteer fire department.
Being a bullet magnet is never fun. I found that out, twice. The last one convinced me to retire.

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Back on Nov 11 I was looking at some of the old photos - pre-cellphone of my old regiment. There are very few of any of us, but they brought back some fond memories of members who have since passed, mostly in their late 50's.

Thought I would share this one Yakima Washington - 77 - I am the taller guy. All of 19 back then.

Troop was parked up - waiting for the Opfor to get to their start point, 303 Armour as I recall

yakima77-78.jpg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Back on Nov 11 I was looking at some of the old photos - pre-cellphone of my old regiment. There are very few of any of us, but they brought back some fond memories of members who have since passed, mostly in their late 50's.

Thought I would share this one Yakima Washington - 77 - I am the taller guy. All of 19 back then.

Troop was parked up - waiting for the Opfor to get to their start point, 303 Armour as I recall
I live Selah a few miles away from the Yakima Training Center. I wheel with a few guys that work on the range.

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Army infantry 81to 89 took basic at Ft Benning Ga @ harmony church old ww2 barracks took jump school there as well assigned to 82nd airborne jumped into Grenada
last duty station was 8th ID Mainz Germany
Took my pathfinder school there
Our motto

These are my credentials

THANK YOU FOR YOURE SERVICE to all my brothers in arms no matter the branch
I was in the 8th ID, 12th Engineer Bn. from March ‘89 until it deactivated and was assigned to the 1st AD Engineer Bde.

Started out at Anderson Barracks in Dexheim, and finished In March of ‘92 in Bad Kreuznach.

Reactions: Ceg and rgallant

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Army infantry 81to 89 took basic at Ft Benning Ga @ harmony church old ww2 barracks took jump school there as well assigned to 82nd airborne jumped into Grenada
last duty station was 8th ID Mainz Germany
Took my pathfinder school there
Our motto

These are my credentials

THANK YOU FOR YOURE SERVICE to all my brothers in arms no matter the branch
These are my credentials!

Reactions: Ceg