Who is a Vet, Active or First Responder?

• HTML tutorial

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
4 years active duty Army Airborne OIF1 vet as a Broadcast Journalist (yes… that was an MOS) attached to the 101st Airborne Division downrange. Now I make overlanding videos for fun at YouTube.com/sixoverland. :)
Thanks for your service Grant.

Hernandez59

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Emilio
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KFQ / WRMB843
Service Branch
Army
I honestly believe that the ones who we should be thanking are the ones who didnt finish there tour. I know what I was getting into when it volunteer. No thanks needed. Just a good job soldier.( sailor,marine, airman) that all I've ever need. Just saying. Oh and thank you too.

Influencer II

West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I honestly believe that the ones who we should be thanking are the ones who didnt finish there tour. I know what I was getting into when it volunteer. No thanks needed. Just a good job soldier.( sailor,marine, airman) that all I've ever need. Just saying. Oh and thank you too.
Completely agree, my brother-in-law did not complete his tour in Vietnam. I was one of about 5 Recruit Applicants in my boot class. Everyone else had been drafted. Our DI’s were always quick to remind us “you’re here because you want to be”.

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Gone but not forgotten... been nearly 30 years. It has Gotten easier, but this time of year especially hits hard.