• HTML tutorial

How many kids do you camp with?

• Total voters

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
My oldest is 11 and while she would rather be hiking a trail than driving is always looking for Elk, deer, bear, or asking the names of mountains & lakes. Our youngest being 7 is still in the “are we there yet?” mode and wondering why her Pad isn’t working or what to eat. My solution is usually powering down her window and telling her to see if she can find a Sasquatch. No luck yet?
My solution to "Are we there yet?" was to hand them a paper map and make them find both our location and the destination. Not optional. Must find both on the map. Then they can answer their own question. That put a quick end to that problem.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

My solution to "Are we there yet?" was to hand them a paper map and make them find both our location and the destination. Not optional. Must find both on the map. Then they can answer their own question. That put a quick end to that problem.
GENIUS!!!

richardalan1975

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Wright
Member #

We are just getting started, ours are 10 and 6. Once we get our feet wet I would love to connect with other families. We live in Lewes, DE.

Reactions: Ghost

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

I take my son as often as possible, he just turned 11. He's not a big fan of heights and sometimes the higher altitudes bother his ears, but otherwise I hand him the "nice camera" and make him be the photographer. That keeps him occupied and I get to look through the pics and see his perspective. He especially loves being able to ride shotgun once we're off-road.

Reactions: Ghost

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

I do a bit of both. Love the solo camping because it’s easy, fast, I use less gear and I know where everything is when I need it (and that it will get put back to its correct spot when I’m done).

But, on the other hand, my 4 kiddos (11, 10, 9 and 2) love being outside, exploring, swimming, hiking, looking for treasures and eating their body weight in s’mores. So, as long as Dad’s truck can handle the extra gear, we’re off together. Not too many years before they all turn into aliens and don’t want to hang out with us any more.

Reactions: juanjox15 and Ghost