AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Looks like a great trip. Post up the general location for those not familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Rocky

Ed B

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Riverside, Ca. 92506
Member #

Visited there a couple of days after July 4. Stayed at Grandview Campground and did a hike at the Schulman Grove. Nice of them to keep all the snow on the peaks for us to look at! Will definitely go back to explore some more.

CenCalTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA
Member #

did u guys check out Silver canyon or Wyman canyon? cool side trips if u get around to it....cool vehicle.
Not this Trip. I intend to the next time I'm over in the area. I'm presently in the process of adding a 3 core radiator and an separate transmission cooler to my FOZ. She wasn't a happy camper.

Rocky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Loveland, Colorado
Member #

Where did you get your bumpers from and your rock slides?
Those are too sweet.
What kind and how much lift?
What size of tires?

CenCalTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Those are too sweet.
What size of tires?
1.) Had my For outfitted in Southern California at a shop called Leadfoot offroad.
a.) The bumpers and sliders add a lot of weight to the Foz. Akin to the Foz constantly towing a trailer. She will work a lot harder. Keep in mind she is a CAR & and not a Framed truck.
b.) Air flow is absolutely critical to the radiator and engine bay with a winch bumper.

I had to turn the AC off not to over heat climbing Westguard pass in 108 degree weather.

2.) I'm running an Anderson 2 inch lift in the front & 2 3/8 rear lift & rear diff drop and link. I also have new Struts and King Springs from Primitive Racing.

What size of tires?
3.) I'm running 225/65/17 or a 28.5 inch tire.
a.)Running larger tires changes the shift point on your Auto tranny & your speedometer will be off & don't forget the loss in MPG.

Reactions: Rocky and MBroenkow

CenCalTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Do you mind if I ask how much on the bumpers and rock slides?
You're look at a $2000.00 a piece and the sliders came in at nearly 1000.00. That doesn't cover the winch the lights the wiring etc... Bottomline. Better be ready to break the bank, lol.

If you're just into lifting your FOZ and getting a larger tire on then I'd go with skid plates and a rear bumper for extra Gas and the ability to carry a full size spare. The front bumper is cool, but not necessarily needed. More of a look and a hell of a lot of money.

Last edited:

Rocky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Loveland, Colorado
Member #

I have a 2" lift from Anderson, 215R 65 16's General AT2, full skid plate kit from Primitive Racing. Subaru roof rack (aka Yakama) with LED light bars front and rear, AX & Shovel holder, ARB awing.

Would like to run a full size spare, been looking at the Wilco spare tire carrier.

Does Leadfoot Off Road have these in stock?

CenCalTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA
Member #

I have a 2" lift from Anderson, 215R 65 16's General AT2, full skid plate kit from Primitive Racing. Subaru roof rack (aka Yakama) with LED light bars front and rear, AX & Shovel holder, ARB awing.

Would like to run a full size spare, been looking at the Wilco spare tire carrier.

Does Leadfoot Off Road have these in stock?
They are a custom build. You'd need to ship your Foz to them. Fuji Heavy Industry makes too many changes not just form model year, but even during the same model year as they find better fab and suppliers for their uni body bumper mounts. Really weird but sadly the way it is. I talked with Josh a lot at Leadfoot for the low down when I was doing my build.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
@CenCalTacoma Oops, nevermind. I see you already answered that: 225/65R17

Did you have any fitment issues or rubbing when you went up to that size from the stock 225/55R17s?

CenCalTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clovis, CA
Member #

225/65 r17

Running a 2 inch lift

Some slight rubbing on the front fenders at the rock panel.

Solved with some cutting of the plastic wheel liner etc...

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Mount White is on my short list of mountains I want to climb, and the range is definitely one I will explore. Great pics.