Investor

Steward I

Tombstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

I have a stock 2015 Tacoma with some what good tires and that’s about it. What should I start with to get my rig ready for trails?

Attachments

Eric Wade

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Leesburg, Texas, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wade
Member #

I have a stock 2015 Tacoma with some what good tires and that’s about it. What should I start with to get my rig ready for trails?
Grab some food, water, a map, get an experienced buddy to roll with (easy to find here), make a plan, and then GO! Your truck is quite sufficient to get started on the average trails. Once you've taken a few trips, you will have a better idea of what might be best for you to add/modify.

GreenLine74

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Tombstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Grab some food, water, a map, get an experienced buddy to roll with (easy to find here), make a plan, and then GO! Your truck is quite sufficient to get started on the average trails. Once you've taken a few trips, you will have a better idea of what might be best for you to add/modify.
Thank you for the advice. Sounds like a good plan.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Just Go! A sleeping bag, a ice chest, and a cook kit will get you going. Out here in the west you don’t need a tent during the summer. You’ll figure it out from there. Some join other some roll solo, start easy and you’ll adjust things as you go. Overlanding is about trade-offs. What works for others might not work for you, and vice a versa.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Just Go! A sleeping bag, a ice chest, and a cook kit will get you going. Out here in the west you don’t need a tent during the summer. You’ll figure it out from there. Some join other some roll solo, start easy and you’ll adjust things as you go. Overlanding is about trade-offs. What works for others might not work for you, and vice a versa.
Oh sure, you could do that, but...

if’n ya wanna be a REAL overlander, there’s the YouTube channel, drone, skottle, trasheroo and much more.

Also, back in the real world, do just this!

Reactions: 64Trvlr