Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
CO is lovely but as others have said, you will be dealing with the same government climate you are trying to escape, albeit slightly more moderated.
I have an Army buddy that lives in Colorado and loves it. That is the only reason it made the list. I always thought Colorado was on the same page as Washington State as far as politics but was hoping someone would change my mind.

Reactions: Ubiety

deagle

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Tbird
Last Name
Smith
I have an Army buddy that lives in Colorado and loves it. That is the only reason it made the list. I always thought Colorado was on the same page as Washington State as far as politics but was hoping someone would change my mind.
It's not too bad day to day but things are definitely trending in the wrong direction as far as freedoms go in my view, at least long term. I don't think it's quite as far gone as the west coast though.

Reactions: Ubiety and Ceg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
It's not too bad day to day but things are definitely trending in the wrong direction as far as freedoms go in my view, at least long term. I don't think it's quite as far gone as the west coast though.
Would love for CO to be on my list but was under the same impression as @Ceg. So thank you! BTW - I promise not to flee bad "policy" only to try to implement it elsewhere ;)

Reactions: Ceg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We have always planned on moving to Montana, but in the past few years the three big cities have swung the pendulum farther and farther away from my views, and as has happened in WA a few big cities/counties can control the whole state, Idaho, Wyoming, and South Dakota are looking better to us. Love Utah but its getting so popular and expensive

Reactions: Ceg and Ubiety
S

SoCoRuss

Actually Colorado has been following Washington to their Commie utopia for years. I personnaly would do Idaho or Wyoming. Utah is run by the weak minds of the Mormon church and RINO repubs, They think Ranked voting , lots of illegals and Mit Romney is great for everyone.

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I love eastern MT and it has lots of roads to explore with little people. WY is also nice but it can be windy. Unfortunately it seems like lots of states are becoming controlled by the few big population centers in them.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

This is a very interesting thread for me and also quite difficult topic.
A wise man once told me "there is not a single blue state in the US, just cities" and the map he showed me definitely proofed that. I researched a bit and found this to be true. I think we are at a point (not just in the US) where they need to make a split between metropolitan and rural areas in some regulations.
For reasons I'm seriously considering migrating to the US, it's just really hard.

MLGrace

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LAKESIDE AZ
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Grace
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran
I’ve been all over. If I could pick one spot it would be Driggs ID.on the west slope of the Tetons. Ski area, beautiful mountains, and only partly woke.

Reactions: Ubiety

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
All the places you mentioned are great except for Wyoming. Way too windy and cold.
I agree, I have a place just outside Thermopolis Wyoming. It sucks! besides the wind and snow in the winter, the 300+ sunshine days a year get so boring! And geez, my closest neighbor is like a quarter mile away and never comes over to see what all the noise is, maybe they don't like me?

Oh and don't get me started on the Trans Continental trail....thats like a ghost trail...hardly ever see anybody out there...so boring!

So, NO, you definitely don't want to live in Wyoming.

IMG_1086.JPG

Last edited:

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Thermopolis is on my list to do because of the dinosaurs. Might be this next summer with my youngest daughter, we did the MT Dinosaur Trail this last summer.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Thermopolis is on my list to do because of the dinosaurs. Might be this next summer with my youngest daughter, we did the MT Dinosaur Trail this last summer.
Yup, there is a cool museum in town and a dig about 45 minutes away. You used to be able to pay to spend a day participating in un covering the bones. Not sure if that is still a thing.
One last pic looking out onto the BLM land from my 10 acres.
IMG_1026.JPG

Reactions: MazeVX

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Try New York.

The whole nation is circling the drain. Running away wont fix the problem. You'll be in the same spot in 10 years.

Economy is as broke as it was in 2008. 7 trillion dollar loss in the stock market. 18 trillion in household debt. This year it'll surely get worse.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
The whole nation is circling the drain. Running away wont fix the problem. You'll be in the same spot in 10 years.

Economy is as broke as it was in 2008. 8 trillion dollar loss in the stock market. This year itll surely get worse.
I agree, but I also feel like it needs to get much worse to light a fire under people to stop putting up with all of the government overreach.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Govt, media, healthcare, judicial branch, police, and every single city has been ruined.

America is over. It'll continue to devolve into what we see in Africa. Balkanize some states into separate nations. It's just a matter of time. Americans are too weak to stop it now.

Good news though, grass will cover the highways and every time you hop into any kind of vehicle, it will be overlanding.

S

SoCoRuss

I used to think that breaking up the US into blue and red sides would work, Its not a color thing, just want to live with folks that think and beleive more like I do and to be left alone. But then we would probably be stuck with the Republicans so now I just sit back and wait to watch it burn.