Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

I installed my Redarc in the 12V location and now need a 12V plug for new electronic item. Where have you installed your Redarc in your Jeep? Please let me know the Pros and Cons for your choice. Thanks in advance for replying.

drrobinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0DRR
My Redarc Elite is double sided tape plus zip tied under the driver side dash. There is a nice flat spot in the dash support structure where the module can be mounted solidly (which is critical for this controller )
The control head is to the driver-side of the Aux Switched on a 3d printed panel with a couple RJ45 jack for radio mics.

The the 3D panel came from this guy. JAGarageDesigns - Etsy I had to trim and sand a bit.

This is the third time I’ve used this controller in a build, and I still think it’s the best available for overland towing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

My Redarc Elite is double sided tape plus zip tied under the driver side dash. There is a nice flat spot in the dash support structure where the module can be mounted solidly (which is critical for this controller )
The control head is to the driver-side of the Aux Switched on a 3d printed panel with a couple RJ45 jack for radio mics.

The the 3D panel came from this guy. JAGarageDesigns - Etsy I had to trim and sand a bit.

This is the third time I’ve used this controller in a build, and I still think it’s the best available for overland towing.
First of all, thanks for your input, and I do agree that is a great location, but my Mojave has that panel already occupied. If you or anyone else has another placement idea. Please share.
I have been pondering if the control unit would fit under the grab handle? It would be out of the way and safe from being hit accidentally.
What are your thoughts?

drrobinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0DRR
I’n my last build I put the dial in the console around the base of the shift lever.