Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Lyon, MI, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
T4R
Member #

I'm looking for suggestions on where to find a rig and other tips. I have my heart set on a 5th gen 4 runner, preferably TRD off road for the lock deferential. If looked on fb, Craig's list, autotrader, and on here. Any words from the wise?

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I'm looking for suggestions on where to find a rig and other tips. I have my heart set on a 5th gen 4 runner, preferably TRD off road for the lock deferential. If looked on fb, Craig's list, autotrader, and on here. Any words from the wise?
Lookt like slim pickins up near the Motor city. I'd say be patient Took me 18 months to find my Tacoma back in the day (before Craisglist and probably ebay) and about a year to find my 4th Gen 4runner last year.

There are a couple of TRD Pro 5th Gens on Craigslist Down on the Co Front Range if you're willing to make a trip out of it. Neither mention the Diff lock so might confirm they have it.

Here is how I found these 2 listings Get a Craigslist account (free signup) and create a search like this that emails you when they get posted. (usually a few hour lag but should be good enough)
Paste this into the search box
toyota (TRD Offorad|TRD Off Road|TRDOR) (4runner|4 runner|four runner) (2010|2011|2012|2013|2014|2015|2016|2017|2018|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18)
Then select any nearby areas to add to the search.
Save and set it to email you when posted.

Boort

Nate the Great

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Lyon, MI, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
T4R
Member #

Lookt like slim pickins up near the Motor city. I'd say be patient Took me 18 months to find my Tacoma back in the day (before Craisglist and probably ebay) and about a year to find my 4th Gen 4runner last year.

There are a couple of TRD Pro 5th Gens on Craigslist Down on the Co Front Range if you're willing to make a trip out of it. Neither mention the Diff lock so might confirm they have it.

Here is how I found these 2 listings Get a Craigslist account (free signup) and create a search like this that emails you when they get posted. (usually a few hour lag but should be good enough)
Paste this into the search box
toyota (TRD Offorad|TRD Off Road|TRDOR) (4runner|4 runner|four runner) (2010|2011|2012|2013|2014|2015|2016|2017|2018|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18)
Then select any nearby areas to add to the search.
Save and set it to email you when posted.

Boort
Thanks I'll def set up an account to get notified when something pops up. But yeah up here in Michigan there alot of people that stay true to the big 3 (not that there's anything wrong w that) so it can be harder to find Toyotas.