Rank II

Enthusiast I

Montclair, CA, USA
First Name
VICENTE
Last Name
OCSON
Member #

I'm new to all this but really interested in trying out an easy trail nearby. I'm in Montclair. Anybody know one that can be done in half a day or less. That would be cool for a newbie like me.

Reactions: SLO Rob

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I'm new to all this but really interested in trying out an easy trail nearby. I'm in Montclair. Anybody know one that can be done in half a day or less. That would be cool for a newbie like me.
Big Bear. San Bernardino national forest has lots of roads. Get a forest service map and get out there. Joshua Tree, has lots of roads too.

FastLayne

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Layne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IQS
Lytle Creek is close and has some easy trails that are fun and scenic. I also agree with getting a Forest Service map. There are a lot of mapping apps available to help you plan/route your trips.

eLLezGX909

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

California, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Chung
Member #

Cleghorn off the 15North is pretty good. It’s shown as moderate but it’s pretty easy. Expect the truck to get dusty as heck too.

Maybe this one for a nice scenic drive, I personally have yet to do it due to schedule but the reviews are pretty good and state a fairly easy trail. Hope it helps

Reactions: Trigger T4R

adv_ranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kenmore, WA, USA
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Aguilar
Member #

Im based in Ventura and San Luis Obispo California! Can't wait for Pismo Beach to open back up! LIke this message if you live near one of my two hometowns!

Reactions: MrChris

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Im based in Ventura and San Luis Obispo California! Can't wait for Pismo Beach to open back up! LIke this message if you live near one of my two hometowns!
A new meet up is starting for the last friday of the month, at Red Robin at The Oaks, in Thousand Oaks...let us know if you're interested :)

Reactions: adv_ranger