Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Lol at least she's from a cool place. We were looking around Williams, but just decided against it. We don't want to haul water and it seems like most areas require it.
Can't believe it takes me a month to get back to anyone! Williams is a beautiful, historic, place and you have the Grand Canyon Railway there. As a matter of fact, the lead porter of the train we were on is an OB member.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I enjoy going to the Great Salt Lake Desert and surrounding areas. I have decided that I am going to start taking my metal detector out there, of course I will follow the Antiquities Act and all that, and also on occasion take my mountain bike. I also want to hunt for geocaches and perhaps some prospecting. I have to start getting my old, fat butt in better shape. If anyone is interested in any of these activities let me know. With the weather warming up, I was wondering if we can do a meet up at a park. We can do a little picnic or something (first time around everyone bring their own food) , have room to look at maps, gear, trucks, etc. Make some plans. Any ideas?

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I enjoy going to the Great Salt Lake Desert and surrounding areas. I have decided that I am going to start taking my metal detector out there, of course I will follow the Antiquities Act and all that, and also on occasion take my mountain bike. I also want to hunt for geocaches and perhaps some prospecting. I have to start getting my old, fat butt in better shape. If anyone is interested in any of these activities let me know. With the weather warming up, I was wondering if we can do a meet up at a park. We can do a little picnic or something (first time around everyone bring their own food) , have room to look at maps, gear, trucks, etc. Make some plans. Any ideas?
so much for the weather warming up.... I'd be game, though.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Anyone else up for this? Come on guys, we are trying to do something here.

Reactions: AL Z.

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

We'd be up to meeting up for a picnic somewhere. We are also planning a trip down to Moab or vicinity (San Juan Swell) for memorial day weekend. We have never explored that area yet. Anyone else interested in making a group outing of it? Likely head out Friday that weekend and returning Monday.

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

So.. slight change in plans. We are thinking of exploring the San Juan Swell area over Memorial Day weekend but heading out Saturday morning and Returning Tuesday.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I will come with a mountain bike and geocache. Do you have a date?
I don't have a date yet. I wanted to start heading out this month, but I have some work to do on the truck. Soonest weekend I have off is May 28 and 29, but I am not sure at this point if my truck will be available. I have to get new rims, one of them just won't balance, and I have to re-install my radios.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Hinckley Overland is having an expo on June 4th. I was thinking this would be a great time to get together as well. Any thoughts?

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KJ7LDJ GRMS: WSAS756
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
Hinkley Overlanding 2nd annual show will be held on June 4th @ SLC Equestrian Center.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Yes Sir. I may bring my rig also.
Hopefully I will see you there. I will have a white Toyota Tacoma with a Leer bed shell. I think I will create a rally point and hopefully other OB members might show up.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hopefully I will see you there. I will have a white Toyota Tacoma with a Leer bed shell. I think I will create a rally point and hopefully other OB members might show up.
I am hoping to come by the Expo...I'll be camping with the fam Thur-Sat, but going through south valley later in the day so I should be able to drop in.