Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

As I approached my Jeep I was a little pissed, it looked like I had a ticket on the windshield. I'd only been in California a week, and a ticket already?

But as I got closer, I was pretty humbled that one of the first folks ever on this platform took the time to leave a note of encouragement. I tried to find him by his member number here on the site but didn't know how to do that. If anyone is friends with him or knows him, please tag him.

Anyway, thanks Rob for the shout out. Appreciate the note! ~ Eric

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 6.15.56 AM.png

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I'm new, but I'd like to see pics of your rig.

Thanks
Hi Scott, welcome to OB!

I'm not in a location with a good connection right now, (i'm out in the middle of BLM land right now) but you can find us on Instagram or on Facebook as well as our website Jeepsies.com all of which have a ton of photos. Our website also has a ton of articles about overlanding and our specific build if you have interest.

Thanks for asking.

Eric

Attachments

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I'm a member of the KYTLCA and we had some cards made up that we can put onto the windshield of rigs we like.... that wouldn't be a bad idea here...they have one of those codes you can scan that will take you right to our website...food for thought...may be a way to increase membership.....

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

As I approached my Jeep I was a little pissed, it looked like I had a ticket on the windshield. I'd only been in California a week, and a ticket already?

But as I got closer, I was pretty humbled that one of the first folks ever on this platform took the time to leave a note of encouragement. I tried to find him by his member number here on the site but didn't know how to do that. If anyone is friends with him or knows him, please tag him.

View attachment 137662
The yellow paper was a nice touch. ha!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm a member of the KYTLCA and we had some cards made up that we can put onto the windshield of rigs we like.... that wouldn't be a bad idea here...they have one of those codes you can scan that will take you right to our website...food for thought...may be a way to increase membership.....
We do have these, talk to your regional director. I have about 15 of them that I carry around.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ

View attachment 137662
Just one of the reasons I like OB and the people involved in this community so much! What an insanely COOL thing to do @SLO Rob

Reactions: Hourless Life

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

It used to be here Member Invite Card - 'We Like Your Rig' Qnty 100 @Michael if it's still a thing... A few members made their own, like @Steve when he crossed the US, he made an vistaprint card too, I believe. I like getting a pack of stickers and leaving one for them with a note, because there's not too many rigs in my area.

Reactions: M Rose