louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I just placed my order. I'm going to be trying out the sampler. I'll keep you guys posted on these.
Yeah...definitely report your findings! I'm at just over 30hrs without a dip now and really missing the nicotine. This could be a good substitute...

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Just keep it up! They work really well. Doesnt replace the nicotine. But having something to substitute it. My cusin chewed two cans a day for a long ass time. His daughter wanted him to quite. So he got hooked on beef jerky chew.....prolly rott your lip off with all the salt but it is better than nothing. The grinds are something else. My better half is a dental hygienist and she refers those to people that chew. You get jacked up on coffee. But its better than the bad stuff

Reactions: grubworm

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

You can get them at alot of convenience stores I just go on their web sight to see where they have dealers. Online you get the flavor you always want but they always have the ones i want

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Well, sorry OP, looks like your post has gone from what's your favorite chew/dip, to a complete intervention for all of us. Thank you sir!

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Well, sorry OP, looks like your post has gone from what's your favorite chew/dip, to a complete intervention for all of us. Thank you sir!
Ha! Yeah, it sure did! That's great, though. And what a great group of people on here. Not only reading this thread, but many others as well, I see there is a LOT of life experience on here...knowledge and wisdom coming from people who have actually "been there and done that" and can convey their information without being judgemental or pompous. Can't find that on any other social media site!

Reactions: Caddis

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Here we go. I purchased the 5 can sampler (black coffee, Irish coffee, vanilla, mocha, and caramel). First impression, I was not that impressed with the mocha. It just tasted like black coffee. Well, later today I realized I had opened the black coffee, not the mocha. So, my second impression. It tastes just like black coffee. I like this new alternative. The b-12, and some of the other energy ingredients give you that little boost. Nice recommendation. 20190403_145608.jpg20190403_145624.jpg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Here we go. I purchased the 5 can sampler (black coffee, Irish coffee, vanilla, mocha, and caramel). First impression, I was not that impressed with the mocha. It just tasted like black coffee. Well, later today I realized I had opened the black coffee, not the mocha. So, my second impression. It tastes just like black coffee. I like this new alternative. The b-12, and some of the other energy ingredients give you that little boost. Nice recommendation. View attachment 92037View attachment 92040
Very cool....appreciate you taking the time to post your findings! Being ex-military and ex-commercial diver, I never did anything in moderation and now in my 50's, I'm feeling it, and right at the time I retired and bought my first camper. A few of my old habits caught up to me already....and I'm sure a can a day habit was fixin' to be next, so this is good timing finding a substitute.

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Dang you got that pretty fast! They are all pretty good. The mocha one is good but it tastes alot like the plane black coffee...the caramel one is my favorite. I have a bit of a sweet tooth. They have a wintergreen one that tastes like crap!! You definitely get a pop from it!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Funny you mentioned Hawken. That's how I got started. I was 19 yrs old standing watch as helmsman on the USS Shark and the guy beside me was the planesman, responsible for depth. He was putting dip in his mouth and saw me looking and offered me some. I took a nice big pinch of those wintergreen wood shavings and after a few seconds, I had the biggest head rush ever. I'm steering a 3000 ton fast attack submarine hundreds of feet underwater and buzzing like a fool. All I could think was: "Wow...and it's LEGAL!"

Last edited:
Reactions: AZPAJERO