What's on your vehicle seat back molle organizer?

• HTML tutorial

Wilbah

Rank I

Contributor III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
M
If I could be so bold as to comment that while storage space is limited in many vehicles, and I have been a fan of molle seat back systems, I am rethinking them due to the "advertising" factor of having lots of cool stuff a mere window smash & grab away.

I like anonymity with my vehicle so that the miscreants out there (hopefully!) pass right on by. Maybe if it could be put on and off the seats quickly and easily just for trips then that might work. But I still would worry that while I'm parked by a stream or trailhead someone glances in and the lure of what's in the pouches would cause a problem.

I am commenting not to be a di** about molle systems, because I do like them. And I am a fan of having things organized and safe. But just for me I've re-thought how I might do things so that I'm not putting too much out there for public viewing. Just my $0.02. I hope the OP understands my point and again, it's not meant to be a slam on them as systems by any stretch. But maybe it raises some thoughts as to other ways to store gear while keeping it close to hand.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
If I could be so bold as to comment that while storage space is limited in many vehicles, and I have been a fan of molle seat back systems, I am rethinking them due to the "advertising" factor of having lots of cool stuff a mere window smash & grab away.

I like anonymity with my vehicle so that the miscreants out there (hopefully!) pass right on by. Maybe if it could be put on and off the seats quickly and easily just for trips then that might work. But I still would worry that while I'm parked by a stream or trailhead someone glances in and the lure of what's in the pouches would cause a problem.

I am commenting not to be a di** about molle systems, because I do like them. And I am a fan of having things organized and safe. But just for me I've re-thought how I might do things so that I'm not putting too much out there for public viewing. Just my $0.02. I hope the OP understands my point and again, it's not meant to be a slam on them as systems by any stretch. But maybe it raises some thoughts as to other ways to store gear while keeping it close to hand.
That's why my windows are tinted dark.

Wilbah

Rank I

Contributor III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
M
That's why my windows are tinted dark.
I am sure that helps but don't know that it's foolproof (just from my experience). But everything is a tradeoff I get and the tint may be enough to keep it much less likely to be noticed in the first place! :) Cheers!

(Again, my comments are not intended to mean people shouldn't use molle seatback systems by any stretch. I commented only to suggest another "issue to consider" with them, that's all).