What's on your vehicle seat back molle organizer?

• HTML tutorial

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I bought one of these relatively inexpensively thinking I can keep some handy items within quick reach. So far I have mounted a quick detach (velcro) first aid kit and a smallish zippered organizer pouch...now wondering what else to attach that would actually be handy.

I have a large knife I'd like to attach (Kershaw Camp 10) but can only see how to do it by strapping the knife sheath to the molle, which i don't want to do. When I use it I like to keep the sheath with it. That's just one thing. What do you attach and any pics would be great!

Reactions: Georick

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Curious to see what you guys have. My Rubicon came with molle seat backs and as of now they are empty.

First aid and flashlight are the two things that come to mind that I want to add

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Here's what I have on my seats:
First aid kit
flashlight
multi tool
lighter
compass
fixed blade knife
paracord
radio
pocket knife
green light flashlight

I made of quick video of the extra storage I have in my car:
My seat cover molle is near the end.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Nothing. When you have a 170lb Great Dane/Bull Mastiff, you give him all the room he needs!

I have mine on the inner tailgate.

Straps
Bungee
Allen wrench all-in-one
Drill bits
Spare nuts/bolts
Zip ties
SOG folding saw
SOG multitool
SOG fixed blade
First aid kit A - Simple
First aid kit B - Trauma
Blanket roll

Reactions: 472HemiGTX

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

The mole loops are built into the seat covers on both my Ram and Jeep. I try to replicate the same gear in the same spots in both or transfer gear between rigs depending on which one I'm taking.
My list:
Drivers side-
fire extinguisher
carabiners
gloves
winch controller
collapsible dog bowl, leash and poop bags
multi screwdriver, small linemans pliers, disposable style razor knife
extra socks
pouch with energy bars & gel packs, Slim Jims, a couple of the little hotel coffee convenience packs, instant coffee and a pint of "antifreeze"
Passenger side-
flashlight
2 quick detach first aid kits -1 standard assembled Red Cross style kit and a separate trauma kit with blood clotter, large bandages, wound irrigator, stapler, tourniquet and scissors
Nalgene water bottle
Solar light sticks

This list has changed over the years based on what I actually used or needed.
WP_20191207_15_40_09_Pro.jpgWP_20191207_15_41_21_Pro.jpg

Bob (Fishingbob)

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

My Bartact seat covers came with Molle backs. I have a small pouch on the drivers side for quick access loaded with most commonly needed tools (eliminated pulling my larger tools bags from below the rear seat just for screw drivers, vise grips, scissors etc). On the passengers seat back pouch is keep snacks, crackers, granola bars -hiking snacks.
thanks
Bob

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

First aid
Compass
Rain coat
SOS bars
Carabineer
Notebook, pens, sharpie
Jeep door hinge wrench kit
Cording
SAS book
Winch controller
Emergency bedding/cover
Water purifying straw
Spare magsIMG_20190421_183149.jpeg

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Since I'm usually by myself I run the seat back panel on the front the the P/S seat. I keep my ice water secure , binos and other small items organized.seat back panel.jpg

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Nothing.

That's where your passengers face plants in a collision. And I didn't buy a 6.75' bed so that I could clutter up the interior. Besides, my door panels have insane amounts of storage, should there be a specific trip need.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Nothing.

That's where your passengers face plants in a collision. And I didn't buy a 6.75' bed so that I could clutter up the interior. Besides, my door panels have insane amounts of storage, should there be a specific trip need.
I'm with you, throw all that junk in a plastic ben with a lid. I don't want that clutter hanging anywhere around my seats or doorways. Maybe build a raised floor with some trap doors in the top or something under a sleeping platform but get it out of the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidOH

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Nothing.

Rear seat passengers should be wearing seat belts . Not everyone have the luxury to have so much room in their vehicles so creative storage solutions are required.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
You'll still faceplant with a belt on.

My axe and flashlight are bolted to the lower seat frame. Useless med kit is there as well. If you don't really have rear passengers don't sweat it, but some of ya'lls pics look like you have kids.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My question was posed for those that use one, not for people that don't. So if you don't have input related to what I kindly requested then please stay out of the thread as you are not being helpful.
I THOUGHT that is what threads are for, DISCUSSION of pros and cons of a product. There is a thread on a product that is far better (IMO) than what your are recommending (PUSHING) and it should be noted on this thread. I'll not say which thread and you can find it yourself if you or others CARE to know.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
You'll still faceplant with a belt on.

My axe and flashlight are bolted to the lower seat frame. Useless med kit is there as well. If you don't really have rear passengers don't sweat it, but some of ya'lls pics look like you have kids.
Just to let you know, I welcome your opinions on any of the threads on OB forums that are being hijacked by weirdos flying around in red capes.