What was your first vehicle you took exploring.

• HTML tutorial

Keylay

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cypress, Texas
Member #

2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner without locker. 31" A/T
Used this all through college, taking it to the beach, camping, Spring Break trips. After college, it took me to Colorado for a year and a half, exploring what i could. Once back to Houston and a 1st job, i traded it for a Subaru Impreza OBS. Long gone since that, and into a Toyota 4x4. I tell myself that if had been 4-door and 4x4, i would still have it.

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

When I was a young one, mom bought a new 85 Honda Civic Wagon AWD... it was my Expo vehicle as I had just got my license. She was not as impressed as I was when I brought it home and had to explain the dirt/crap underneath the vehicle in the driveway. But man, that little thing could go. I would love to find a similar year Toyota Tercel Wagon 4WD as a DD. Seems like a Unicorn around here.

Reactions: MBroenkow

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Not my first, but one of my favorites. 1983 SR5, shell, carpet kit that made into a bed. Loved that truck!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Lvfunnyfarm

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

This is my 1994 Jeep Yj Sport I purchased new! Let’s have some fun and show them off,
Cuz you never forget your first!

LvFunnyFarm

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

If I’m honest, it was a Plymouth K-car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lvfunnyfarm

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Member #

91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. Bought it when I turned 16. I took it on tons of trails in Colorado, camped out of it for days on end. And it ran 13s at Bandimere speedway. I’d have to find some Polaroid pics of it that I have stored away. That was before digital cameras, smart phones and memory cards.

Reactions: Lvfunnyfarm

Onefin

Rank I

Enthusiast I

1988 dodge raider (re-badged Mitsubishi Montero 2dr) 4cyl automatic.....slow as molasses up mountain passes. I bought it with less than 20k miles on it in 1991.

Next was my first fj60 landcruiser.

Subzilla

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Big Sky Country
Member #

Don't have any photos but it was an 83 CJ7 renegade. 1st trip off road with it I cut a brake line had a tow truck pick me up then the tow truck broke down so at 18 all my friends saw a tow truck towing a tow truck towing my jeep all the way to the house!

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

1950 Dodge 1/2 ton farm duty. Originally had a flat head six, three on the tree with a fluid drive clutch system which consisted of a stand clutch bolted to a torque converter. You had to use the clutch to shift gears but could come to a complete stop without using the clutch.

I swapped in a chevy 327 HiPo with muncie four speed and a 57 chevy 10 bolt rear axle with 4:10 posi rear end. Also did a 6" chassis lift on it by putting 6"x1.5" tube steel blocks between the chassis and shackle mounts - front end was a leaf spring drop axle.

This picture is of it in original form before I started with the mods in 1975.

truck2.jpg