What unique upgrades/mods do you have

• HTML tutorial

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Unique upgrades/mods huh?

I have a number of mods. Some are fairly typical of what folks do with these vehicles, but I think these ones are pretty unique:

The first one that folks are likely to notice is the armor with the custom tail lights. I don't think anyone else has put together this combination:

Less visible, and probably soon not nearly so unique, is my hidden winch mount. This one is a fairly early prototype. I think Boostwerks has now gone into production on these:

This custom 3-D printed piece (by Hobbykeep) replaces my cigarette lighter panel and packs a bit more power into that little square:

And if I am transmitter hunting, this directional antenna setup is one of a kind:

I think those are the major ones.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

(EO)2 mounts! They let you snap a case onto a aluminum mount, and lock. I put two huge Pelican 1730 cases on my roof with this system. They are really high quality kit, and make it simple to put a case on the rack. I can also lock the pelican cases, but the best part is, no ratchet straps! I can pop the cases open while locked on the rack and just pull things out.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

It was simple and cheap, but this little fold-out table is one of the only full DIY mods I've done for my FJ. Cutting in lights and bolting on awnings doesn't give me the same sense of pride as conceiving, engineering, creating, and installing my own mod. I call this a sandwich table. If you're driving out u-joints from a driveshaft, this isn't for you. It's a light-duty, quickly-deployed setup for throwing together a PBJ or heating up some water for coffee.

Last edited:

Rangervinny

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Thomaston, GA, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Unique upgrades/mods huh?

I have a number of mods. Some are fairly typical of what folks do with these vehicles, but I think these ones are pretty unique:

The first one that folks are likely to notice is the armor with the custom tail lights. I don't think anyone else has put together this combination:

Less visible, and probably soon not nearly so unique, is my hidden winch mount. This one is a fairly early prototype. I think Boostwerks has now gone into production on these:

This custom 3-D printed piece (by Hobbykeep) replaces my cigarette lighter panel and packs a bit more power into that little square:

And if I am transmitter hunting, this directional antenna setup is one of a kind:

I think those are the major ones.
I love the anntena that's awesome

#TRD #Rav4

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Last edited:

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I love my AR-15 (BCM Jack Carbine), and any chance to get out and shoot, but I would never feel safe leaving my vehicle with my rifle strapped to my roof line. I keep a gun safe in an undisclosed location with a Glock 19 in it. That I can feel ok about leaving. It also would potentially be a pain in the ass in some states I happen to live near. cough IL.. and ones I visit cough CA. I need 'concealed' carry. :D

Reactions: Rangervinny