Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Portsmouth, NH, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Presley
Member #

BFG KO2 were my choice just a couple of weeks ago. So far I am really enjoying them. My rig is a DD so street performance was important to me. These seem to be perfect. Noise is minimal. Handling is tight still. They are a heavy tire and it comes through the vehicle a bit but I expected worse.

Off road experience so far has been limited to one trip. They did great there as well. My LR4 is stock other than lift rods. This trip I pushed it harder than before on some rocky climbs and the tires bit in and grabbed. Very happy with my choice so far.

Now against all advice I stayed with 20" wheels. 275/55R20. I just can't see swapping wheels out before going off road. Also, the lack of choices for fitting an 18" wheel and those costs discouraged me as well. I didn't deflate at all on the one trip off road. Next time I will lower the pressure to 25# and see what it is like while being extremely careful at first.

I will give further impressions as I get more use on them but very happy so far.

rpw110

Rank II

Advocate II

B F Goodrich all the way, they invented the all terrain tyre, and some i.e. General AT are almost exact copies, the mud terrains are brilliant, but wish they still did the trac-edge, that was hands down THE best tyre ever made great off and on road ability.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
I'm considering Goodyear MTR with Kevlar. Does anyone have experience with them? How are they on-road (for a MT tire)? Thanks.
They are a great tire! Ran a 35" on my old jeep in snow, mud, desert, rocks, and held up great. It's not known to be a desert tire but the guys that run street vehicle and play on the rocks like them.
They are quiet for a MT event when they start to wear down. They are directional, more like they have an 'outside' direction when mounted.

cam_toyota_tech

Narrow Road Adventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

They are a great tire! Ran a 35" on my old jeep in snow, mud, desert, rocks, and held up great. It's not known to be a desert tire but the guys that run street vehicle and play on the rocks like them.
They are quiet for a MT event when they start to wear down. They are directional, more like they have an 'outside' direction when mounted.
Thank you. Good to hear. I'm in the Midwest so they will see very little or no desert use. I will run 35x12.5x15 on my 94 Grand Cherokee.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Thank you. Good to hear. I'm in the Midwest so they will see very little or no desert use. I will run 35x12.5x15 on my 94 Grand Cherokee.

That's the size I had on the TJ, ran then at 8psi and they hook great on rocks

cam_toyota_tech

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
So is that supposed to be the new KM3 or is it just an update to the Baja T/A, which looks very similar?

It's the new KM3, similar center lug patter with the KO2 sidewalk pattern and strength updates.

cam_toyota_tech

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
My understanding is that it's not the 100% finished product. Thats why we test them against the Baja 1000. The compound will be different for final production and something else. But you get a good ideas of what it will be like

cam_toyota_tech

101Tundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

Goodyear wrangler duratracs. I have the "owls" i think is what they were called. Load range C. Love them on and off road. Mud, snow, rain, dry. Great tire so far.

Sent from my LG-UK495 using OB Talk mobile app

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

After reading this thread, I'm more confused than ever. Has anyone done an actual poll to see how many votes each tire gets?

Narrow Road Adventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

After reading this thread, I'm more confused than ever. Has anyone done an actual poll to see how many votes each tire gets?
It's impossible to say this tire is the best and this one is the next best. There are so many variables to consider in tire choice, some tires are better for different terrain and this group has a broad range of different needs.

Personally, I am more of a mud terrain guy, some people spend more time on the highway and prefer the advantages of an all-terrain tire. Some people travel in areas with snow and ice, others in dry rocky areas. It really comes down to personal needs, expectations, and preferences. First, figure out what you plan to use a tire for and what you expect it to do for you and then narrow down your choices of the ones that best fit that bill.

WillyGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salem, IN
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Has anyone had experience with the Hercules Terra track at2 they look quite well rounded and priced fantastic as wellView attachment 15651
I do not have specific experience with them, but I saw the Hercules Reps and products at The Great Jeep Invasion last year in Gatlinburg TN. Tires looked really nice and our conversation concerning construction was good. I wouldn't be afraid to try them at all.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk